Position is located in Lake Mary, FL. Hours for this position will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday - Friday.
The Compliance Specialist/Fraud performs analysis of high-risk purchases/transactions, via real-time queues and after-the-fact reports, to identify unauthorized ATM use. Responsibilities include: With no supervision or direction, determine if transactions are fraudulent and should be placed on hold; are not fraudulent and should be processed; or, are unverifiable in which case the data must be analyzed and the transaction either placed on hold or processed. Manage numerous real-time queues and reports containing high-risk transactions from all points of sale on CFE ATM network. This position will be cross-trained to handle the duties of Compliance Specialist/Analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitors numerous real-time queues and analyzes high-risk transactions from specified points-of-sale within the CFE database.
· Independently determines if transactions are fraudulent and should be canceled and refunded, are legitimate and should be processed and fulfilled.
· Maintains or exceeds established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential revenue losses
· Contacts and effectively communicates with members and banks via multiple channels (phone, email, and fax) to validate information and confirm authorizations for purchase.
· Maintains or exceeds established standards for member service, and resolves complex issues with little or no supervision or direction.
· Works effectively with peers and leadership by communicating fraud trends and sharing ideas and information in a constructive and positive manner
· Report as appropriate fraud matters, concerns, and/or the overall fraud condition of applicable divisions, departments, operations or functions within the credit union to the VP Risk Management or senior management.
· Effectively identifies strong indicators through analysis for addition to our fraud systems.
· Must have extensive experience in data processing systems and the ability to review account histories for fraud, remove and place holds, and e-notes, hot-card plastics, check average monthly balances, check ATM deposits, check POS transactions, Crystal reports, Application Extender, check security video.
· Performs special projects in a timely manner, as requested.
· Maintains a fraud library that provides adequate and necessary reference materials. Collects and disseminates fraud information, and other topical subject information to appropriate/affected Management staff, and employees as appropriate.
· Identifies, analyzes/interprets and makes recommendation for fraud requirements. Coordinates with VP, Risk Management in choosing appropriate method for disseminating revision information to affected personnel.
· Shall have reasonable access to credit union databases and required software to perform the Compliance Specialist/Fraud duties and responsibilities.
· The hours for this position will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday thru Friday – with a one hour lunch period.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred in a financial field. Banking fraud or equivalent experience is required. Developed and demonstrated member service, organizational and analytical skills.
CFE Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.