TechTarget is seeking a Senior Products Editor who will work with editors of our various sites to assign and edit features and reviews to aid enterprise IT managers in their buying decisions. The Senior Products Editor will be responsible for a broad area of information technology products, such as mobile applications and datacenter infrastructure technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
· Give detailed, structured assignments to expert contributors and freelance journalists;
· Work with a junior editor or freelancer to create some of the articles;
· Work with manager to determine the optimal mix of freelance and articles written by the editor or other staffers;
· Manage a budget;
· Work with existing site teams to identify product categories and products within those categories that need coverage;
· Edit content for readability, accuracy and first level SEO;
· Package content with related articles;
· Final signoff on production;
· Responsible for assigning and editing several kinds of content: Features that address the business case for a type of product, i.e., “Do you need mobile application management software?”; Features that help IT managers create short lists of products to buy, i.e., “What is the best mobile application management software for me?"
· -Shorter (500-800 word) articles that describe a single product’s features, pricing, strengths and weaknesses
· Work with site teams to create landing pages for product categories that link to the above plus other relevant content on the sites.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Must have at least 3 to 5 years of reporting/writing/editing, preferably about information technology;
· Must have good organizational and project management skills;
· Good generalist knowledge of information technology as used in companies;
· Good organization and communication skills with other editors and authors;
· Understanding of search engine optimization best practices;
· Highly productive editor; and,
· Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy.