Yaskawa America, Inc., Motoman Robotics Division is seeking an experienced Associate Chief Engineer with demonstrated Mechanical Engineering experience in Automotive Automation projects involving Customer parts, fixturing and tooling. Welding experience and material removal process experience is preferred. Must have a full understanding and experienced application of APQP, PPAP, and Process Capability Studies (Cpk) and Automation experience of at least 8 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Complete design of complex mechanical and/or electrical hardware and software projects that enhance product value.
· Manage large technical projects that require a number of supporting engineers.
· Help develop engineering standards and methods that create an environment where quality products are developed.
· Communicate directly with the customer on technical issues.
· May be responsible for assisting/leading, generating and managing project schedules, managing project budget and engineering team.
· Responsible for assisting with closed order analysis on assigned projects.
· May be responsible for assisting in generating and managing project schedules, managing project budget, and leading engineering team.
· Design and develop robotic systems to meet customer specifications or project requirements.
· Conduct (development) tests to assure success during project validation or verification.
· Facilitate design reviews with customer and/or other departments to ensure sound designs and drawing accuracy.
· Analyze test data to assure design meets functional and performance specifications.
· Provides technical support and leadership to customer, engineering team, customer service, sales, marketing, manufacturing, etc.
· Has strong understanding of systems. Must possess strong understanding of three or more automated processes along with application of those processes (i.e. welding, cutting, case packing, palletizing).
· Identifies new technologies and their possible application to projects and products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters degree in Engineering or related field preferred and six to eight years related experience and/or training.
Motoman is an EEO employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans