Qualified applicants must electronically submit a cover letter, current resume or CV, and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
POSITION: Graduate Admissions Counselor
SUPERVISOR: Director of Graduate Admissions
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. Founded in 1885, the College has 3500 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
The Graduate Admissions Counselor is an entry-level position within the admissions department. admissions counselor will help identify, recruit, admit and enroll academically qualified graduate students, primarily through on-campus visits with students and off campus outreach. Moderate travel is required (approximately 25%).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participates as an active member of the recruitment team.
- Counsels prospective students on the enrollment process and graduate opportunities at AIC; including but not limited to identifying, recruiting and enrolling students.
- Aids in the establishment of community relationships, specifically those with individuals or organizations which have a direct connection with the College.
- Plans, implements and presents at AIC graduate recruiting activities including but not limited to information sessions and open houses.
- Works collaboratively with the graduate admissions director and graduate program directors to ensure strategic objectives are reached.
- Attends college fairs as a representative of AIC.
- Serves as the primary contact for prospective graduate students communicating by phone and mail; including manditory weekly call requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; 1-3 years of professional experience preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours; ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to represent to office and College in a professional manner keeping with the philosophy and educational goals of American International College
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve as needed, especially under pressure
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude, strong commitment to customer service, and student focus
- Good sense of humor
The Graduate Admissions Counselor is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt position. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with non-paid lunch break, flexible to the needs of the department and program. This is a benefit eligible position.
AIC is EOE.