Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE: BDN) is one of the largest, publicly traded, full-service, integrated real estate companies in the nation. Organized as a real estate investment trust (REIT), Brandywine owns, leases and manages an urban, town center and suburban office portfolio. Our mission is to design, create and maintain exceptional working environments for our clients, tenants, and employees that reflect our high standards and uncompromising commitment to excellence. Our employees are our greatest asset, as it is their commitment to exceptionalism that is the key to our success.
Brandywine Realty Trust has an immediate opening for a Property Maintenance Technician (internal title: Building Operating Engineer) based in our Austin, TX portfolio. This person will have responsibility for interior and exterior maintenance of assigned buildings as directed by the immediate supervisor. In addition, this person will perform a range of duties consistent with the Company's need for delivery of engineering services.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Complete daily maintenance tasks including, but not limited to: conduct lighting inspections, replacing bulbs and fluorescent tubes as necessary; respond to tenant requests; identify and report maintenance problems or physical hazards to supervisor; monitor building temperatures, making necessary adjustments as dictated by temperatures and tenant requirements.
· Perform scheduled and assigned Preventative Maintenance scheduled tasks.
· Respond to tenant trouble calls or requests for assistance.
· Provide safety services in inclement weather: shovel snow; spread salt on walkways to assist with footing and reduce ice build-up; position caution signs or cones in rain-slick traffic areas, etc.
· Record maintenance and repair information in accordance with guidelines established by management direction or policy/procedure.
· Assist other Engineers with duties as permitted by schedule.
· Maintain positive working relationships with tenants, responding to requests and issues in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
· Maintain productivity-enhancing communications and working relationships with co-workers, management, third-party contractors and suppliers.
· Attend meetings as directed by the Chief Building Operating Engineer or Property Manager. These may include training sessions led by Chief Building Operating Engineer to increase job-appropriate knowledge and skills, safety orientations, and scheduled staff meetings. Meetings may also include outside training at the direction of management.
· Respond to after-hours emergency calls.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Three to five years of successful experience in commercial or institutional buildings with complex mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
· Read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Communicate orally with tenants and staff members. Provide feedback to management on progress related to specific assignments.
· Exhibit excellent customer-service orientation in responding to tenant requests. Display follow-through in carrying out directions from management. Demonstrate teamwork skills in relations with co-workers.
· Computer skills: utilize basic PC-based business software, including Microsoft products for word processing and email. Use systems tools for maintaining service records.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: must possess valid state-issued driver's license with clean driving record to travel to adjacent properties or to respond to after-hours trouble calls.
· Must be available for after-hours emergencies or unusual situations which may require incumbent to return to the property late at night or at unscheduled times.
· Must be available during periods of inclement weather to assure one or more buildings are secure and that tenant needs are satisfied.
· May be required to observe non-standard holiday schedule to assure property coverage.
· Infrequent overnight travel might be required for training courses.
· Must be insurable at all times under Brandywine Realty Trust’s commercial policies where deemed necessary at the Company’s sole discretion.
· Frequent: Standing; walking; kneeling; crouching; stooping talking; hearing; using close and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception. Use hands to feel, grasp, and use simple tools. Reach with hands or arms. Use sense of balance to climb short ladders to heights not above twelve feet under controlled conditions. Push or pull objects. Use wrist and arm motions.
· Occasional: Sitting; lifting objects up to 50 lbs. in weight.
Brandywine Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to maintaining a safe, healthful and efficient environment that enhances the welfare of our employees. Use of illegal drugs and/or any substances that impair or are likely to impair an employee's ability to perform his or her job is strictly prohibited. If offered the position, we conduct full criminal and credit background checks prior to the start of employment.