Performs a variety of complex RF component and module-level test functions utilizing standard laboratory equipment in a production environment. Works under limited supervision of senior test dept staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs production testing of RF an Microwave components, sub-assys and modules such as PIN diodes, high power RF switches, limiters and fixtures.
2. Capable of tuning high-frequency RF circuits using small hand tools and equipment under a microscope. Experienced with MIC components (diodes, capacitors, coils, substrates), and attachment media (solders and epoxies).
3. Familiar with the use and routine care of common RF laboratory equipment including VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Pulse Generators, AC/DC Power Supplies, Power meters and amplifiers. Experience in High Power RF testing a definite plus.
4. Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, parts lists, travelers, rework instructions and process procedures to determine sequence of operations and proper test techniques.
5. Capable of test, troubleshoot and rework specification of DC circuits, mainly PIN diode drivers, decoders / encoders and regulator circuits.
6. Documents and communicates in writing and via E-mail technical issues, scheduling / assignment comments, and process times. Capable of providing written reports to assist in scheduling work and revising documentation as needed.
7. Use of basic computer skills and Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) to communicate information between departments.
8. Works independently under minimal supervision and meets production deadlines
9. Must be capable of possessing a DOD security clearance.
High School diploma or equivalent.
2 year technical or military training preferred
5+ years of related experience including use of a microscope and related equipment required.