TITLE: Student Accounts Specialist DEPARTMENT: Student Accounts
DATE: April 2014 TRACK / FLSA: Functional / Non-Exempt
JOB CODE: XX644 LEVEL: I, II, III
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
This position involves providing a high level of customer service to students and following all institutional and Department of Education Title IV rules and regulations. This position reports to the Director of Student Accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
· Counsel prospective, current, and returning students on payment plans.
· Responsible for in-house collections.
· Work with outside agencies for students receiving tuition assistance.
· Provide tuition statements for students or outside agencies.
· Mail out exit counseling packets to students who drop below half-time status.
· Complete Return to Title IV and execute school refund calculation for withdrawn students.
· Send reminders to students of upcoming or past due payments.
· Process excess loan funds.
· Disburse Title IV and alternative loan funds to student accounts.
· Process check, internet and EFT payments and execute the associated daily bank deposits in CampusVue.
· Complete physical bank deposits.
· Return/refund loan and grant money in accordance with federal guidelines.
· Monitor student attendance and withdraw students who fail to meet attendance guidelines.
· Send notices and work with collection agency to collect out of school balances.
· Other duties as assigned.
Student Accounts Specialist I
Proficient in some of the duties and responsibilities
Student Account Specialist II
Proficient in most of the duties and responsibilities
Student Accounts Specialist III
Proficient in all duties and responsibilities
Volunteer and pursue improvements in all Departmental efforts
Take on special projects
Collect and share relevant resources regarding role and duties
May mentor new employees
· All applicants must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Title IV administration experience preferred.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.