|Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
|Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
Lincoln Child Center
Lincoln Child Center enables vulnerable and emotionally troubled children and their families to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Clinician
PROGRAM: HOPE Program – Alameda
ACCOUNTABILITY: Clinical Manager or Clinical Supervisor
To provide direct clinical services to children and adolescents in school based settings, and their families; to provide comprehensive assessments of mental health needs; to provide clinical direction to the treatment team.
M.S.W. or M.A./M.S. in relevant field, from an accredited graduate school program. Possesses current license, is registered in internship toward licensure, or is license eligible/ demonstrates potential to complete appropriate credentialing process.
- Two years of experience in providing direct clinical services to children with emotional/learning problems and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of inter-disciplinary teams; and ability to provide ongoing clinical consultation to assigned staff.
- Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to, and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
- The willingness and the ability to be trained, using our therapeutic and relationship-building philosophy that includes Collaborative Problem-Solving, Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI), and SAFE Environments training programs
- Possesses level of physical fitness that includes the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, drop to one knee, and get back up.
- Physical ability to work on a keyboard to prepare reports and to enter data.
- Valid California driver’s license, a clear driving record, and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for Medi-Cal services
- Participate in intake process.
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical records/documents within assigned time frames.
- Provide individual, group and family therapy as assigned.
- Assess psychotherapeutic and case management needs of children and families and develop a treatment plan agreed on by the caregiver(s), and treatment team.
- Complete outcome measurements within specified time lines.
- Provide crisis intervention to children and families in collaboration with the treatment team.
- Develop agreed upon discharge plan and assess continuing care needs in collaboration with the Clinical Manager, caregiver(s), and treatment team.
- Ensure culturally sensitive and relevant treatment plans.
- Provide consultation to regular education and administrative staff as needed in HOPE Programs.
- Participate in planning and implementation of six-week summer program.
- Involve the child and family members in the treatment plan and promote understanding.
- Collaborate with other involved agencies.
- Develop and monitor working treatment goals and objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Meet agency expectations regarding levels of direct service.
- Meet required deadlines for documentation.
- Provide supervision and/or consultation to assigned student interns and volunteers.
- Participate in treatment reviews, IEPs and other case conferences as needed.
- Participate in weekly supervision, individual and group, as assigned.
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, full time, exempt, non-union, benefited position.
- Seek out internal consultative resources as appropriate.
- Attend required meetings as assigned.
- Follow agency protocol and procedures.
- Maintain and promote consumer perspective with parents, placement agencies and providers.
- Understand and follow all LCC safety policies, procedures and rules. Perform all job duties safely. Attend all required safety training sessions. Identify and immediately report all workplace hazards, safety rule violations, near misses, and work-related injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with background and experience.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefits package available.