POSITION: Adjunct Faculty- Marketing Management (MBA 4+1 Full-Time Day)
DEPARTMENTS: Graduate and Continuing Education
SUPERVISOR: Director of MBA and Corporate Training Programs
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
American International College is presently seeking an adjunct professor to teach the following course: MBA 510 - Marketing Management: This course investigates the process that organizations use to identify the needs of their customers and to create the products and services that meet these needs within the resource constraints and strategic objectives of the organization. The course examines market research, target market selection, market segmentation, position, and branding. It covers all the elements of the marketing mix, showing how they are being transformed by the Internet and the global economy.
Course Delivery Model:
· Courses run for seven weeks
· Courses meet one evening per week from 8:00 AM – 10:40 AM
· Remainder of course is conducted online
· Minimum of a Master’s degree in Marketing or MBA with a concentration in Marketing
· Minimum of 7-10 years marketing experience including marketing management / executive-level experience
· Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
· Previous undergraduate and / or graduate level teaching experience preferred but not required
· Experience with Blackboard and / or online instruction preferred but not a required, training will be provided
· Terminal degree in Marketing or related subject area preferred but not a required
The Marketing Management (MBA 4+1 Full-Time Day) is a part time, exempt position. This is a non-benefit eligible position. Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Positions will commence May 19, 2014.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.