POSITION: Dean of Academic Success
DEPARTMENT: Center for Academic Success
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
Under the direction of the Provost, the Dean of Academic Success provides strategic and operational leadership to the Center for Academic Success's student support services programs and resources including the Advising Center, Developmental Education, Tutoring Program, Writing Center, Academic Resource Center, and ACE Program, as well as supervises the Associate Dean of Retention, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Advising, Director of the ACE Program, Director of Developmental Education, Director of the Writing Center, and Director of the Tutoring Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Development of a mission and vision for academic support services to meet the needs of the College and its students.
· Assessment of all programs, resources and initiatives within the Center for Academic Success.
· Oversight of the College's retention initiatives.
· Supervision and training of program directors.
· Responsible for oversight, reporting, and compliance with requirements for federal and private grants awarded to the College in the areas of student success and student support services.
· Actively participate in grant submission and oversight.
· Serve on College committees, working groups, and task forces as directed by the Provost.
· Act as the liasion to academic units within the College, maintaining working relationships with deans, program directors and other administrators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Master’s degree required in the field of Learning Theory or Psychology or Education
· Ed.D. or Ph.D. preferred in field.
· 3 to 5 years of directly applicable experience and/or 5 to 8 years related experience including experience managing a complicated area
· Previous experience with grant management
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Ability to develop collaborative relationships
· Good organizational ability
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
· Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as word processing and excel
The Dean of Academic Success is a full time, twelve (12) month, exempt position not limited to 35 hours per week with hours of work flexible to the needs of the department. This is a benefits eligible position.
Qualified applicants must electronically submit a cover letter, current resume or CV summarizing your qualifications and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.