POSITION: Director of Extended Campus Programs
DEPARTMENT: Extended Campus Programs
SUPERVISOR: Vice President for the School of Graduate and Adult Education
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. Founded in 1885, the College has 3500 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
Under the general direction of the Vice President for the School of Graduate and Adult Education, this Director of Extended Campus Programs has responsibility for the planning and oversight of all operational aspects of the Extended Campus Programs (XCP) at American International College.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Responsible for the oversight, production and delivery of financial, enrollment, and tuition share reports relating to the XCP programs within the School of Graduate and Adult Education.
· Assists the Vice President for Graduate and Adult Education and the Associate Dean for Education with the development and delivery of both on-campus and off-campus student information sessions, including new student orientations and culminating workshops.
· Responsible for the maintenance and dissemination of all XCP program information in support of the XCP students, including the XCP Newsletter, the XCP Student Handbook, the XCP Student Portal on First Class and will assist with the updating of the AIC website as it pertains to the XCP program; may evaluate quality of student services and recommend improvements.
· Maintains close and cooperative relationship between Division, Schools, College and faculty, students and external constituents; serves as a resource regarding information about XCP programs and/or services, policies and procedures.
· Identifies and analyses problems regarding XCP student services, admissions and logistics and recommends solutions.
· May be assigned responsibilities for other divisional services or projects, which may be on-going or short-term, and which require planning, coordination, and supervision; such assignments are necessary to the division and may require specialized knowledge.
· Responsible for the creation and maintenance the XCP Newsletter in support of the Extended Campus Program students.
· Responsible for the maintenance of the XCP Student portal.
· Responsible for the updating of the XCP Student Handbook and the XCP Adjunct Faculty Handbook and other reports as requested.
· Assists in the administrative planning and evaluation of policies, procedures and services for XCP students.
· Works cooperatively with graduate deans and program directors for the budget planning and oversight for the Extended Campus Programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
· Minimum of 5 years experience in higher education administration
· Knowledge of MTELs and Massachusetts DESE regulations on teacher licensure is helpful
· High level of verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to prioritize
· Strong decision-making skills
· Must be action-oriented with excellent organizational skills
· Intermediate experience with Word, Excel, internal databases and the Internet required
· Must be able to work some occasional evening and weekend hours
The Director of Extended Campus Programs is a full-time, twelve month, exempt position. This is a 37.5 hour per week position. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with non-paid lunch break, flexible to the needs of the department and program. This is a benefit eligible position.
American International College offers excellent benefits. AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.