Responsible for solving medium complex engineering problems in one or more phases of a development engineering project involving the analysis, research, design development, fabrication, and testing of devices or systems. Works under the general supervision of senior engineering management. Depending on the project line assigned, reports to the Vice President of Engineering and RF Technologies, the Vice President of Digital Technologies, the Director of RF Engineering or the Director of Military Products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, fabricates, modifies and evaluates mechanical and/or electronic apparatus, components or circuitry for use in mechanical and/or electronic equipment and devices.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests.
- Supplies technical assistance and coordination to designers and staff assigned to the project.
- Maintains records and writes reports of the results of work.
- Works under supervision and is responsible to the Project or Senior Engineer. In cases of specialized work, has some latitude for independent actions.
- Responsible for routine circuit designs.
- Uses all hand tools and machine tools with a high degree of skill.
- Employs a broad knowledge of electric and electronic theory and examines working drawings for obvious errors. Reports errors to cognizant personnel.
- Works with engineers and may suggest possible improvements in the physical construction that are not in the original design.
- May perform complex alignments.
- May assume coordinating duties for implementing the hardware phases of new projects.
- May participate in field tests and other travel duties.
- Uses PC-based Computed Aided Engineering (CAE) programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Performs other similar related tasks as assigned.
- Maintains a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
Technical High School diploma with an Associates degree in Electronics, or two years of undergraduate college majoring in Electronics or Physics or equivalent. Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering preferred. Some knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) programs preferred.
2 years of related experience required.
NOTE: This position description does not list all the duties of the job and the company has the right to revise the description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment.