Job Opening: Customer Service Representative 3 – International Focus
Shift: Day (occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Applications Accepted Thru: Until Filled
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Customer Service Representative 3 for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Customer Service Representative 3 with an International Focus will provide customer service support to Leatherman’s International Consumers, Customers and Sales Representatives (Regions currently include: Caribbean, South Pacific, Central America, Africa, Middle East, Central Asia, South America, Southeast Asia, Western Europe). Respond to Consumer questions. Manage Customer accounts from various trade channels including International Distributors. Managing accounts include order entry (manual and EDI), pricing, promotions, Authorized Dealer agreements and Co-op funds.
The ideal Candidate must be able to:
· Respond to customer inquiries of a non-routine nature for key domestic and international accounts. Research shipping status, product availability, company allocation decisions, pricing discounts and promotional programs.
· Distribute wholesale pricing, product catalogs and marketing literature.
· Establish strong business relationship through follow up correspondence.
· Establish new account information, including shipping, and labeling requirements.
· Obtain and process orders for key domestic and international accounts which come in via fax, e-mail or EDI. Verify Ship By dates, Ship To sites, credit terms, item numbers, and pricing. Notify retailers of back orders and revised ship dates.
· Ability to problem solve customer issues including compliance fees, EDI/ASN issues, pricing discrepancies and shipping discrepancies.
· Maintain an in depth knowledge of past, current and proposed Leatherman tools, LED Lenser lights and accessories, as well as features and benefits of all current offerings.
· Prepare export documentation for outgoing shipments, which may include one or more of the following: Commercial invoices, Shipper’s Letter of Instructions (SLI), NAFTA certificates, airway bills, Letter of Credit.
· Maintain an understanding of current export compliance regulations.
· Maintain and grow understanding of current international markets and diverse cultural differences in regards to international customers.
· Knowledge of e-Commerce procedures such as placing orders on the website, taking credit card information and how to process a return.
· Provide back up to warranty by responding to questions and claims. Process domestic and international warranty credits, replacement to stock credits, new product return credit, issuing return authorizations and all other miscellaneous credits.
· Provide back up to accessories customer inquiries including processing orders and returns. Responding to questions regarding accessories and tools.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Three or more years of customer service experience with 2 or more years of experience in international/export customer service preferred.
· High level decision making and problem solving skills.
· Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English required.
· Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Spanish and other non-English language(s) required.
· Basic math skills required.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
· Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
· Effectively prioritize and follow through on assignments and projects.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, A Very Competitive Bonus Plan, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential