SUMMARY: This position is responsible for scheduling and hands on supervising of team members for Jubitz Moe’s Deli/Club 307 and Cinema. This individual will perform various supervisory related functions along with the following duties, and do so in a timely manner thereby contributing to the overall successful operation and growth of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Direct Supervision of all deli team members through performance of a variety of duties, including but not limited to developing shift schedules, coordinating shift changes, generating team reports, ensuring proper allocation of breaks, training new team members, and providing employee appreciation, validation, coaching and corrective action where needed.
2. Assists the Jubitz Marketplace GM in hiring new Deli team members, coaching and counseling, and in evaluation of team performance as requested.
3. Responsible for managing Deli supplies, monitoring product waste, determining inventory levels, contacting vendors regarding product promotions/credits and placing orders, setting pars, ensuring accurate deli transfers of product items, and monitoring portion controls.
4. Receive in all incoming inventory items; verify accuracy of inventory deliveries, unpack and stock all inventory items and price inventory items as necessary.
5. Responsible for ensuring a sanitary and safe work environment at all times, keeping all safety data sheets current and accessible, and training team members on their contents; inspection of teams sanitation duties regularly ensuring the department receives high score in health department inspections.
6. Works with the banquet and restaurant manager to ensure catering and banquet needs are met.
7. May on occasion, need to deliver or assist with a cater-out event.
8. Must be comfortable working with Cinema and movie equipment.
9. Serves as customer advocate ensuring customer satisfaction, answering customer questions and resolving issues.
10. Ensure WCCE and comment card ratings remain at or above goal standards.
11. Ensures clean uniforms and uniform and appearance standards are being applied and consistently followed by the team.
12. Ensure all team members are consistent in applying the principles of WCCE when interacting with internal and external customers.
13. Communicates effectively with deli team members all corporate memorandums, customer specials, and ensures full team attendance at all company wide WCCE trainings and monthly department team meetings.
14. Assists the Jubitz Marketplace GM in preparing the agenda for monthly department meetings and the scheduling of these meetings.
15. Follow company policy.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus a minimum of two years kitchen/deli experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, write, and speak English to effectively communicate with customers and/or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to problem solve.
1. Pleasant phone etiquette
2. Excellent customer service/people/communication skills
3. Ability to multi- task
4. Possess current valid Food Handler’s certification and OLCC certification.
5. Possess a valid driver’s license
6. Hands on experience operating and sanitizing of a variety of kitchen equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk for a minimum of 8 hours. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to cigarette smoke.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Overtime may be required with approval from Supervisor.