Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Stamping for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Manufacturing Engineer – Stamping position will support overall business objectives of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Growth through continuous improvement in productivity of operations. They will perform a variety of engineering work in planning and design of manufacturing machinery and new product development. This includes working in a team with other engineering and manufacturing disciplines in the development and application of processes to increase production quality, efficiency or volume.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
· Participates in a department culture which supports the principles of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth.
· Be a key Continuous Improvement Team member and support daily production activities in stamping and mass finish.
· Be the primary contact for manufacturing regarding equipment and process issues affecting SQDC.
· Improve profitability and efficiencies of process through implementation of process improvements affecting SQDC. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of 5S, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, and other manufacturing techniques.
· Participate in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing.
· Serve as a “hands-on” engineer to provide technical assistance and support to Operations, Quality, Design Engineering, and Maintenance, in order to resolve manufacturing issues by way of lean concepts, problem solving, and implementing fixes to drive continuous process improvements.
· Collaborate with cross functional areas to perform problem solving and corrective action of process and product issues.
· Develop and design production aids, fixtures, tooling, and gages for improved production efficiency and for new product implementation.
· Provide feedback to Product Design Engineers regarding design improvements based on manufacturability and/or customer suggestions.
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross functional areas to ensure new products are introduced to manufacturing in an effective manner. Provide leadership as appropriate to ensure project success.
· Provide technical coaching to manufacturing team members on manufacturing processes.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering required.
· Two to three years of experience in directly supporting a production environment.
· Must have a thorough understanding of metal forming, presses, tooling dies, problem solving, process improvement, kaizen, new product launches, and quality systems.
· Advanced problem solving skills including root cause analysis and solution implementation.
· Experience implementing Lean manufacturing principles.
· Computer, 3D CAD, GD&T, and tooling design skills. SolidWorks experience preferred.
· Demonstrated effective communication skills (verbal and written).
· Must be highly motivated, assertive, have the ability to work independently, drive ideas through to completion, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package:
Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, A Very Competitive Bonus Plan, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential