The successful candidate for our Machine Operator Level 3 position will operate and set-up a variety of machines (mill, grinder, polisher, press, cnc machine tools and assembly equipment) to close tolerances and complex geometry in the machining areas of Stamping. Perform complex and non-routine set-ups where tolerances are difficult to acquire and maintain.
· Operate a variety of machinery to fabricate component parts.
· Perform difficult set-ups and change-overs on equipment to close and complex tolerances, and may include numerical control and/or robot programming.
· Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment. Makes mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements as necessary.
· Conduct regular quality audits of parts produced by measuring and inspecting components to tight tolerances.
· Prepare recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
· Mix chemical solutions.
· Perform duties of Level 1 and Level 2 operators as necessary.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred.
· Two years formal technical training and one year work experience in manufacturing environment or three years technical job experience with progressively complex machining assignments required, five years preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of level 1 and 2 operations in related work area.
· Advanced machine operation and mechanical knowledge including the ability to set up and change over various types of equipment required.
· Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems preferred.
· Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills required.
· Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS’s, work instructions, and technical manuals.
· Advanced inspection and measuring skills required, including knowledge of measuring devices including optical comparators, hardness testers, and height gauges.
· Basic blueprint reading and computer skills required.
· Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) required.
· Demonstrated skills in rate control required.
· Ability to apply problem sensitivity, critical thinking and decision making skills.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
· Effectively prioritize and follow through on assignments and projects.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential