Job Opening: Machine Operator Level 3 (2 Positions)
1 Swing– Monday thru Friday 2pm – 10:30pm
1 Graveyard– Sunday thru Thursday 10pm – 6:30am
(occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Shift Differential: Additional $0.50 cents while working a Swing shift, $0.75 cents while working a Graveyard shift cents on top of hourly base wage
Applications Accepted: Until Filled
The successful candidate for our Machine Operator Level 3 position will operate and set-up a variety of machines (mill, grinder, polisher, press, cnc machine tools and assembly equipment) to close tolerances and complex geometry in the machining areas of Stamping. Perform complex and non-routine set-ups where tolerances are difficult to acquire and maintain.
· Operate a variety of machinery to fabricate component parts.
· Perform difficult set-ups and change-overs on equipment to close and complex tolerances, and may include numerical control and/or robot programming.
· Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment. Makes mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements as necessary.
· Conduct regular quality audits of parts produced by measuring and inspecting components to tight tolerances.
· Prepare recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
· Mix chemical solutions.
· Perform duties of Level 1 and Level 2 operators as necessary.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred.
· Two years formal technical training and one year work experience in manufacturing environment or three years technical job experience with progressively complex machining assignments required, five years preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of level 1 and 2 operations in related work area.
· Advanced machine operation and mechanical knowledge including the ability to set up and change over various types of equipment required.
· Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems preferred.
· Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills required.
· Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS’s, work instructions, and technical manuals.
· Advanced inspection and measuring skills required, including knowledge of measuring devices including optical comparators, hardness testers, and height gauges.
· Basic blueprint reading and computer skills required.
· Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) required.
· Demonstrated skills in rate control required.
· Ability to apply problem sensitivity, critical thinking and decision making skills.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
· Effectively prioritize and follow through on assignments and projects.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Excellent Benefit Package:
Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, A Very Competitive Bonus Plan, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!