SUMMARY: Supports the Consumer Lending Department by providing excellent service to our members and employees in accordance with established lending policies and procedures. Complete all Lending Department tasks such as, receiving incoming loan applications, contacting members and coordinating the completion of the application process between the branches and Lending Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following with quality member service being the primary responsibility of this position. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Must maintain the Credit Union’s policies regarding Standards of Conduct and Confidentiality.
· Responsible for managing the number of applications in the Consumer Lending queue in order to meet rules of compliance and the Department Member Service Standards. This includes making sure follow-ups are conducted within a period of time as directed by Consumer Lending Manager.
· Contacts members to request additional information to complete the decision process.
· Contacts member to notify them of their approval and transfers the member to the branch of member’s choice to schedule a loan closing.
· Respond to member inquiries regarding the Credit Union’s loans products and services as well as questions concerning the application process.
· Process applications for members who call into the Lending Department.
· Responsible to review dealer packets for proper documents and stipulations; fund loan in a timely manner.
· Follow up with dealers on any missing items needed to fund loans.
· Responsible to review 3rd party vendor loan packets for proper documents and stipulations; fund loan in a timely manner
· Follow up with 3rd party vendor on any missing items needed to fund loans.
· Responsible to be in the Lending Phone Queue.
· Open Membership to fund dealer and 3rd party vendor loans.
· Collect required documentation for lien perfection. Send all necessary paperwork, fees, and registration forms to DMV for title and lien processing.
· Prepare funded loan packets and send to be scanned.
Quality Member Service:
· Has general knowledge of Credit Union products and services in order to respond to questions from members and co-workers regarding loan eligibility, lending criteria and actions taken on loan decisions.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and be detail and member follow up oriented while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work cooperatively with members and staff.
· Provides advice and assistance to members related to blue book values and general funding needs.
· Assists with blue booking vehicles for members over the telephone.
· Quotes payoffs to members and dealerships.
· Performs all duties in compliance with credit union policies and appropriate regulatory statues.
· Has knowledge of and observes obligations and duties, as set forth in the VCCU Employee Handbook.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Manager or VP of Lending.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Employees are required to complete any job related coursework assigned; including online coursework, in-person training, and offsite training as required by their manager and the training department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma, GED or equivalent; one year experience in a Consumer Loan Department; Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; basic math, personal computer and 10-key skills. Employees are required to complete any job related coursework assigned; including online coursework, in-person training, and offsite training as required by their manager and the training department.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be bondable. May be required to serve as a Notary Public.