TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globes Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If youre a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget has an opening for a challenging and growth-oriented position:
Director, Events Operations
TechTarget is seeking a Director, Events Operations, reporting to the Vice President, Client Services. You will manage a team of event leads, and be responsible for attendee and exhibitor support and all operational aspects of 150+ events: multi day conferences, one day seminars and custom events. This is an excellent long-term growth opportunity for the right individual who would be interested in progressing with a dynamic, growing business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop standard operational processes and policies
- Manage all vendor relationships for promotional materials, printing, hotels, exhibitor companies, outside venues and a/v
- Develop and manage all event budgets
- Work with business managers to investigate feasibility of new event initiatives, including, event costs, site selection and sponsorship offerings
- Negotiate invoices and fees
- Review and approve sponsorship opportunities for all event products and ensure that they are being executed properly by the events team
- Project Manage and hold all operational (internal) reviews for each event
- Oversee RFP and delivery of premium and custom sponsorships
- Manage team (both direct and indirect) and staffing for each event
- Recruit, interview and manage training of all new hires
- Primary point person for all event product related questions
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree;
- 5+ years related experience;
- Proven experience managing events and conferences;
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills;
- Strong operational and business skills;
- Proven experience working in a fast pace growth environment;
- Position requires hands-on person
- Must have excellent analytical and computer skills;
- Willingness to travel.