TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media. Recognized as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 6 times and named one of The Boston Globes Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If youre a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has an opening for a challenging and growth-oriented position:
TechTarget's Security Media Group is looking for a highly experienced online editor for SearchSecurity.com, the largest Web site in the company's portfolio and one of its most innovative. This is an exciting opportunity for an editor looking to serve the needs of an active readership of enterprise information security professionals and help grow a highly successful online property. The site editor will supervise a team of editors and freelance contributors, as well as collaborate with the editorial staff of our magazine. He/she will be responsible for both the day-to-day success of the site's technical content and implementation of key strategic initiatives.
An ideal candidate has five years' experience overseeing editorial operations for a business-to-business Web site, demonstrable knowledge of the information security industry and demonstrable success not only editing technical content but also training and managing other content editors.
Essential job functions:
· Managing all technical (non-news) content on the site;
· Editing technical material;
· Developing editorial calendars and strategic plans;
· Serving the needs of the readership; and,
· Supervising a team of editors and freelancers
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· An undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, English or another relevant discipline;
· A minimum of five years' online editing experience;
· Knowledge of the information security industry;
· A familiarity with online production processes, especially content management systems;
· Training on and/or experience using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices;
· Experience supervising a team of editors and a large group of freelance contributors;
· An ability to juggle multiple projects;
· Must be a strategic thinker;
· Budget management skills;
· Ability to keep pace with a rapidly changing market; and,
· Deadline driven
Get On Board!
TechTarget offers competitive salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment. Our autonomous culture rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on. Apply online