About TechTarget: TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globes Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If youre a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has openings for challenging and growth-oriented positions:
Assistant Site Editor
TechTarget's Channel Media Group seeks an assistant site editor for SearchCloudProvider.com and SearchITChannel.com. The assistant site editor is responsible for daily site monitoring and operations; developing and editing newsletters; writing and editing original material for publication; working with industry experts and vendors; and working on other editorial projects, such as podcasts, videos and surveys.
The assistant site editor will be required to develop knowledge of the technologies and business he or she will cover by speaking with experts in the field, reading IT publications and attending industry events. The assistant site editor will also work closely with other staff to devise and launch new site features based on readers' interests and needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducting keyword research following search engine optimization (SEO) best practices;
- Writing compelling content summaries and display type following SEO best practices;
- Producing email newsletters;
- Updating sites homepages daily;
- Performing content editing of some freelance- and/or staff-written articles;
- Contributing to and creating articles related to site topics;
- Producing online guides/packages for readers;
- Preparing articles for posting on site;
- Researching reader interest through site traffic analysis and other methods; and
- Assisting site editor with site management/calendaring/budgeting tasks.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or related area of study;
- 1+ year undergrad editorial experience at school newspaper or as part of internship;
- 0-1 year post-undergraduate editorial experience;
- Content editing experience, preferably online;
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong grammar skills;
- Strong content editing skills;
- Strong computer/Web skills;
- Familiarity with SEO concepts;
- Basic understand of, or willingness to learn about, the IT industry; and
- Interest in writing about the IT industry.