Under minimal supervision, develops information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions; supports and develops software team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
· Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
· Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing software design documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
· Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Supports and develops junior software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
· Must be able to perform advanced software design calculations and unit tests to verify the overall outcome of the design requirement/intent.
· Attend project kickoff meetings and provide input.
· Communicate directly with the customer on specifications and technical issues.
· May be responsible for assisting in generating and managing project schedules, managing project budget and leading software engineering team.
· Will be assigned to several projects at one time.
· Travel required on an occasional basis. Must have valid driver’s license, full automobile insurance coverage, and valid Passport.
· Must follow ISO procedures as the job requires and provide feedback to improve our processes.
· Assist Project Managers in maintaining project documentation.
· Able to understand and apply industry standards.
· Designs and develops custom interfaces for robotic, tooling, and Life Sciences systems and third party equipment to meet customer specifications or project requirements.
· Develop and conduct hardware tests to assure success during overall project validation, verification or runoff.
· Analyze test data to assure design meets functional and performance specifications.
· Coordinate and assist in solving technical problems during debug and at customer site.
· Provide technical support and leadership to customer, engineering team, customer service, sales, marketing, manufacturing, etc.
· May assist in preparation of technical proposals with Application Engineers and/or Marketing.
· Strong understanding of Life Sciences automation systems. Must possess strong understanding of Life Science automation processes and demonstrated knowledge of Life Science IT architecture.
· Communicate as needed for project status with team members and assist with problem resolution.
· Visual Studio.net development environment expert experienced with C#/C++/MFC Classes
· Advanced database design and configuration skills using SQL Server, Oracle and others as required.
· Know how to create Windows GUI elements to generate user interfaces (windows, dialog boxes, buttons, etc... - standard windows controls).
· Understands real-time machine controls and is familiar with multithreaded applications architectures, inter-process communications mechanisms and their specific implementation on Windows platforms.
· Demonstrated ability through past projects of developing software to interface PC’s to various real-world devices (RS232, Ethernet, USB, etc.).
· Must be familiar with database control functions. Familiar with Medical and laboratory automation market for equipment communication interfaces (such HL7 and ASTM equipment interfaces).
· Good customer interaction skills - able to interact with and support multiple projects and define requirements with various customers at the same time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree in related field and ten to twelve years’ related experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Good organizational skills, ability to solve problems, strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to multi-task. Employee must be able to work with minimal supervision, conferring with supervisor on unusual matters. Has some latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Work requires individual to devise own methods, to assist with methods used by others, to exercise ingenuity, to analyze situations, and apply judgment required to make decisions of an administrative nature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Would anticipate about four-six hours a day/minimum at PC. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, UV exposure, fumes, spark and heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Duties may require the occasional use of/contact with/exposure to various hazardous materials (such as, but not limited to grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc.). Employees should have basic awareness of hazardous materials cautions. Those directly using the materials must have specific knowledge of material in use.
Motoman is an EEO employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.