Senior International Accounting Manager
US R2014-7110-001 Milpitas
Sr. International Accountant
As a key member of Nanometrics' Corporate Finance Team, this position will report to the Accounting Manager and is the principal point of contact in Corporate Finance for each of Nanometrics’ ten international subsidiaries. In addition to its headquarters in Milpitas, California, Nanometrics has operating entities in the following countries: Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Israel, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Germany, France.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Serve as principal contact in Corporate Finance for each of the international accounting service providers and/or Nanometrics personnel.
· Review subsidiaries’ accounting to ensure each is in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Work with subs to resolve issues, improve processes and train local accountants in recommended accounting procedures. Particular emphasis on foreign currency exchange accounting.
· Review and reconcile monthly trial balance submissions from international subsidiaries prior to entry in Oracle
· Monthly flux analysis for international balance sheets and P&Ls
· Review of monthly reporting packages from international subsidiaries
· Ensure intercompany charges and related transfer pricing is recorded in accordance with intercompany agreements. Coordinate with Director of Tax and external tax accountants.
· Communicate and manage international compliance with corporate requirements such as monthly close calendar, reporting schedule, weekly flash, related deliverables.
· Oversee cash, expense and payroll forecasts and validate related funding requirements
· Report on foreign currency exposure
· Reconcile intercompany accounts.
Critical skills and experience include:
· 5+ years of professional experience required, of which 2 or more years includes extensive international accounting, consolidations and accounting for foreign currency transactions/translation. Extensive experience in accounting under FAS 52.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Strong and concise communication skills required to work with internal finance team (international and domestic)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Self–starter who can work both independently and as a member of accounting and other cross-functional teams
- Experience with Oracle GL and reporting is a plus
· Advanced MS Excel skills preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar degree