|Job Opening: Facilities Maintenance Technician 3
Shift: Day - Monday thru Friday 6am – 2:30pm (occasional additional day(s) and hours expected to support business needs)
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician 3 to support our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 400 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for our Facilities Maintenance Technician 3 position will maintain, troubleshoot and repair facilities, building systems and related equipment to maintain safe and fully functional equipment and work place for all locations. Provide support to manufacturing maintenance when necessary.
- Troubleshoot problems to affect complex repairs by referring to equipment manuals and following outline repair procedures, so equipment can be operational with a minimum of down time.
- Process the necessary paperwork involved in daily work such as preventative maintenance work orders, purchase requisitions and other documents specific to work area.
- Perform preventive maintenance work on the most complex equipment and situations to ensure minimal down time of facilities/manufacturing equipment so production targets are achieved. Maintenance can include cleaning and lubricating shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun. Inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following manufactures specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Design assemble, install and program mechanical, electro-mechanical and automated machinery and systems such as facilities machinery / tools and racking systems.
- Set up and operate machine tool equipment in the maintenance area as well as basic operation of most production equipment such as drill presses, vertical mills, band saws, cut off saws, engine lathes, gas, arc, mig, and tig welding equipment as may be necessary to fabricate, repair and/or duplicate parts required to maintain and repair facilities equipment.
- Design, lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Use of hand tools weighing up to 15 pounds including hand power tools. This equipment will include but not be limited to drills, saws, grinders, and threading equipment.
- Must have in depth knowledge and awareness to comply with all standard OSHA and State safety regulations and policies, specifically Lock Out Tag Out procedures for all types of equipment, proper handling of solvents and chemicals according to MSDS sheets, vision, hearing and respiratory protection, and proper lifting techniques as required.
- Clean equipment, tools, etc. and surrounding area between jobs.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- May perform non-certified welding and skilled machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience preferred. Certification as Limited Maintenance Electrician preferred.
- Five or more years’ facilities maintenance experience required.
- Freon handling certification license from State of Oregon. Brazing certification from the State of Oregon.
- Certifications required to operate forklifts, scissors lift, overhead cranes and hoists to assist in material and personnel movement.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulics with ability to take voltage, amperage, OHM, pressure and/or flow reading in accordance with ladder and schematic diagrams and determine values. Electrical/electronic knowledge/skill include but not limited to controls, magnetic starters, rotary switches, relays, solenoids, brakes, input/output devices for PLC’s, and related facilities equipment applying electrical wiring principles for AC (up to 480v. three phase) and DC. Knowledge of right angle drives, gear reducers, variable speed, rack and pinion, belt and chain, and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Effectively problem solve, prioritize, and follow through on assignments and projects.
To Apply: At Leatherman we are also interested in how you think, behave and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 45-60 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential