Maryville Behavioral Health Hospital
A Mental Health Counselor (MHC) collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in caring for children, adolescents and young adults who are experiencing an acute crisis which requires inpatient hospitalization at Maryville Behavioral Health Hospital. The MHC participates in the planning and implementation of individualized treatment plans. Caring for the children on the inpatient units entails working with individuals and groups to use the therapeutic milieu as a means of identifying, understanding and altering maladaptive behaviors. Maintaining a safe environment by preventing and dealing with aggressive behavior using positive therapeutic interventions is critical to the role of the MHC.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Inpatient hospital experience working with children,
adolescents and young adults is REQUIRED.
• Effective communication, both verbal and written as well as the ability to document patient behaviors using psychiatric terminology
• Work collaboratively with all members of the team,
• Set priorities and organizes workload effectively
• Ability to manage aggressive behavior through progressive