SUMMARY: Professionally and proficiently communicates the value of the product and service line to members creating a complete relationship building experience. Perform work requiring the use of judgment and discretion in making credit decision for members seeking a variety of loans for assorted purposes. Review applications and credit histories recommending disposition of loans. Interviews loan applicants, review applications and other documentation to determine credit worthiness of applicant. Develop information to process loan applications. Provides for the review of consumer loan applications in conformance with established loan policies, completeness of documentation, accurate preparation and asset quality. Underwrite and approve or deny consumer loans within authorized lending authority. Disburse loans insuring that all forms and documents are signed and member understands debt responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, with Quality Member Service being the primary responsibility of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must maintain the Credit Union's policies regarding Standards of Conduct and Confidentiality.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Credit Union lending policy enabling discussions of various loan alternatives with members, and staff.
- Must be proficient in evaluating consumer loan applications for the purpose of cross-selling and problem solving.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the documents required for each consumer loan category with complete and accurate understanding of procedures.
- Able to complete loan from application to funding. Must meet or exceed established minimum standards for service delivery, distribution, and member satisfaction.
- Interviews loan applicants, analyzes credit reports, prepares and reviews loan documents to ensure loan documents are complete and accurate.
- Underwrite all consumer loan products as directed by the Assistant Manager, Director of Lending or VP of Lending. Must be able to calculate interest, proportions, percentages, and all calculations required by the underwriting function.
- Provide financial counseling to members as necessary using tact and diplomacy. Sells and educate members on offerings such as payment protection and other ancillary products.
- Provide necessary instructions and guidance to branches; call center and other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties required by the demands of daily operations to the Credit Union and/or requested by the Assistant Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees are required to complete any job related coursework assigned; including online coursework, in-person training, and offsite training as required by their manager and the training department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates degree; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Including Consumer Underwriting and cross-sell experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be bondable. May be required to qualify as a notary public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary sitting position 75% of the time. The person in the position must communicate constantly with members via telephone in order to convey information about their account and you must be able to exchange accurate information with them. You are occasionally required to traverse across the office/lobby to access files. You will constantly operate computer equipment using a keyboard, 10 touch keypads and other like office equipment to accurately calculate figures and input data. You will sometimes have to ascend/descend or position yourself to crouch or kneel for items on the floor. The employee must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.