Israel Discount Bank of New York, also known by its registered service mark, IDB Bank, is a full service commercial bank chartered by the State of New York and a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Our liquidity and capital ratios are strong, and we are ranked by Crains New York Business as the 14th largest commercial bank in the New York area. The Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic status, citizenship status, marital status, military or veteran status, current unemployment or any other legally protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Internal Auditor, Vice President
We are looking to hire an experienced auditor to perform operational and financial audits with a particular focus on investment management and trust functions. Essential functions include:
· Effectively prepare a well-developed risk based audit approach and document high quality work papers for operational and financial audits in accordance with professional standards;
· Understand and document business systems / processes;
· Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, determine root causes and make recommendations to improve the control environment;
· Prepare audit report summarizing background of audit performed, audit scope, recommendations and audit conclusion;
· Prepare work papers documenting and supporting audit procedures, findings and results;
· Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution; and
· Participate in department-wide initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimal travel may occasionally be required.
· Approximately 10-15 years of professional auditing or comparable experience with significant experience in auditing trust and fiduciary activities.
· A Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required.
· Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in applying the principles and practices of internal auditing in accounting, financial, and operational environments including auditing business functions.
· Ability to research and identify best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and document business processes and related internal controls in narrative and/or flowchart formats.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing demands and environment and rapidly develop in-depth knowledge of new audit areas.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
One of the following certifications is strongly preferred:
· Certified Trust Auditor (CTA)
· Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.