The incumbent in this position manages and leads the architecture design, development and implementation of core system projects and maintenance efforts and oversees the computer operations and technical support teams. Work involves developing and implementing efficient and effective processes and procedures that align to the Alliant Credit Union brand and world-class" user experience and with the overall company goals to drive innovation and consistent member growth. Resources to do the job require familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. General direction is received from the SVP Operations & Technology (Interim).
Systems and Technical Performance Responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolve problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- Identify problems related to primary financial software and determines corrective action.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure code meets company programming standards.
- May perform full life cycle programming and development when needed.
- Analyze, design and maintain system architectures and data structures for all custom software applications while maintaining integrity of the production environment.
- Understands and mitigates negative impact of architectural changes to the production systems.
- Delegate work assignments and monitor delegated activities. Provide regular performance feedback, develop employee skill level, encourage growth, match responsibilities to the talent of the employee, and set expectations.
- Ensure quality processes and procedure are in place and service level agreements are met.
Computer Operations & Technical Support Responsibilities:
- Lead and guide staff responsible for systems, operations, customer support, hardware, software, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Oversee the daily tasks, projects, process enhancements, support, and improvements for the Systems/Help Desk/Operations.
- Understand and mitigate negative impact of process and/or procedural changes to the production systems.
- Oversee and guide the technology support staff responsible for providing 24x7x365 support, averaging 1000 help desk tickets per month.
- Responsible for overseeing the computer operations team accountable for data processing system operations with 99.9% error-free execution.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project management, preparation, development and administration of corporate and departmental operations and initiatives.
- Project leader on all IS projects involving Symitar, Systems Support and Operations, including implementation, testing, training and rollout, end-user communication, and improvements, with continued maintenance and management.
- Expand the scope of services, operational and support enhancements and process improvements and opportunities.
- Assist all other departments and business users with all projects and meetings requiring systems or operational interaction.
- Define and manage approved budget for the computer operations and technical support group.
- Keep abreast of credit union operating procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the recommendation and development of new systems and operating procedures.
- Ensure a proactive approach to problem solving, analysis, SLA requirements, and projects.
- Responsible for establishing, planning and administrating the overall support policies, goals, procedures and tasks.
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
Completion of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field and minimum five years related information systems and operations experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Minimum five years of management experience. Specific knowledge of Symitar, AIX, LAN/WAN, client/server systems, Network, Citrix, Microsoft Servers, HelpStar, Windows Applications, Operating Systems, all MS Office Applications, Internet, Email, Data Center, Network Equipment, PCs, Thin Clients, Laptops, Printers, User Administration, Security and Maintenance. Strong knowledge of project management, analytical troubleshooting and support. Strong Research, Data collection, organization, analysis skills. Excellent written and oral skills, communications interpersonal skills, team collaboration, and management reporting. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Previous experience working in a financial institution preferred. Must have strong customer focus, be well organized and detail oriented.