Job Opening: Sales Planning Analyst
Applications Accepted: Until Filled
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Sales Planning Analyst for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Sales Planning Analyst will serve as the primary communications and planning link between the organization’s demand creation (Sales, Marketing and New Product Development) and fulfillment functions (Manufacturing, Sourcing and Packaging/Shipping). Participate in the organization’s Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (“SIOP”) process, analyzing demand trends, proactively informing key decision makers and providing recommendations to mitigate risks and to capitalize on opportunities. Own the ongoing analysis and creation of the global sales and demand forecasts by tracking and measuring them to drive continuous improvement. Provide timely and accurate ad hoc and automated reporting to support annual sales plan.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
· Extrapolate, analyze, and interpret sales data, sales variances, sales trends and related customer information to keep LTG managers informed as to sales performance. Analyses and recommendations ultimately support corporate effort to maximize sales, maximize brand growth and identify opportunities.
· Prepare and update the master production schedule and tool inventory plan monthly and as required to support forecast, demand changes, operational constraints, budgets and incremental business opportunities. Coordinate with Manufacturing to align the master production schedule and tool inventory plan to labor, machine capacity constraints and budget requirements.
· Provide monthly ad hoc sales analysis reports to assist the Sales team in its efforts to grow the Leatherman and LED Lenser brands. Scope includes: reporting on sales trend by product families, market segments, key accounts and by configured SKU, as well as summary communications of point-of-sale data.
· Support the Sales team in the development of strategic business presentations, often in the form of interpreting POS data.
· Develop and maintain a minimum 12-month rolling forecast for sales. Also develop longer versions (i.e. 2-year, 3-year) as necessary.
· Facilitate SIOP process to optimize customer service, inventory investment and operational performance. Lead SIOP meetings with cross-functional team from Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance and Executive teams. Track and report relevant metrics.
· Assist in training on processes, tools and systems.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics or related field required.
· More than 5 years’ experience in Sales or Marketing, 3 of which should include sales forecasting and analyst work. Experience in a lean manufacturing environment desired.
· Possesses strong math and statistical analysis skills.
· Demonstrates advanced computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, database management and statistical forecasting. Knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft AX preferred.
· Demonstrates the ability to integrate and synthesize information from multiple data sources.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
· Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and follow through on assignments and projects.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation and Bonus Plan, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential