Title IT Assistant
Department: IT Management
Reports to: Director of IT
Location: Rotating between all sites
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
For 32 years, Food Bank For New York City has served as the city's major hunger-relief nonprofit organization working to end food poverty throughout the five boroughs. One of the country's largest food banks, the Food Bank’s mission is to end hunger in New York City by organizing food, information, and support for community survival and dignity. As the city's hub for integrated food poverty assistance, Food Bank tackles hunger on three fronts: food distribution, income support and nutrition education. Working toward long-term food poverty solutions, Food Bank develops policy based on research to inform community and government efforts. Still growing at more than 170 staff members, and an annual operating budget of $75 million, the Food Bank distributes over 70 million pounds of food annually across the five boroughs.
There are 2.6 million New Yorkers experiencing difficulty affording food — an astounding number and one that continues to increase as the donated food supply drops to an all-time low and food costs skyrocket. To address this issue, Food Bank procures and distributes food to a network of more than 1,000 community-based charities and schools citywide, helping to provide 400,000 free meals a day for New Yorkers in need. In addition, Food Bank runs a nutrition education program that reaches more than 170,000 people. CookShop, the Food Bank’s school-based nutrition education program, reaches approximately 45,000 children, teens, and adults each year. Food Bank's Tax Assistance & Financial Services Program completed more than 50,000 tax returns for New York City's working poor in 2014— helping to bring more than $85 million in tax refunds and credits back to struggling New Yorkers as well as our local economy.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
To function as the first line of support for the Food Bank For New York City’s window/MS Office environment and telecommunications systems.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide IT and telecommunications technical support for all computers, phones. And related peripherals
· Maintain and configure computers, printers, peripherals and software.
· Handle occasional website updates.
· Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems
· Setting up new users, install desktops, laptops and printers and other related IT equipment;
· Engage external support resources as needed
· Log and track all support requests and other IT related tasks through our helpdesk system
· Assist in technology procurement. Maintain software library, licenses and hardware inventory
· Provide training staff members as needed
· Assist in the administration of emails, web, databases, as well as networking and backup system;
· Assist in managing security and other controls needed to insure the integrity of data in our systems;
· Communicating with managers and staff on all aspects of IT;.
· Administrative tasks such as maintaining up to date documentation related to procedures, policies, and infrastructure including organization of related systems information such as inventory, file systems, active directory, databases and email user accounts
· Perform other related tasks as assigned
· 4+ year’s experience of Help Desk technical support in a Microsoft Windows environment
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in maintaining relevant network environments;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Active Directory, TCP/IP and LAN, as well as MSOffice products;
· Knowledge of SQL Server is desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.