TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 6 times and named one of The Boston Globes Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If youre a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has an opening for a challenging and growth-oriented position:
Copy Editor/SEO Specialist
TechTarget Editorial seeks a copy editor/SEO specialist for its Central Production Team. The copy editor's role is to proofread tech-focused editorial content for errors while making sure the content follows AP and TechTarget style. In addition, the copy editor collaborates with site editors to optimize content for SEO, including keyword review and linking. Copy editors also review the components needed to post various content typesincluding features, photo stories, video pages and guidesonline. The copy editor communicates with editors using the Help Desk system, often under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have strong copy editing experience (AP style preferred), as well as experience managing competing priorities and deadlines.
Essential job functions:
· Copy edit up to seven pieces of editorial content per day, according to AP style and the TechTarget style guide.
· Communicate clearly and professionally with media group editors about submitted content via the Help Desk application.
· Work with media group editors to implement copy changes that are factually accurate and grammatically correct.
· Review content to ensure it follows TechTarget's established SEO best practices.
· Collaborate with the content production and visual editing teams to ensure article publication deadlines are met.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Bachelor's degree (preferably in English, journalism or communications)
· Minimum of two years of experience copy editing/proofreading, preferably with AP style
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
· Savvy communication skills and professional demeanor
· Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
· Preferred skills and abilities:
· Basic knowledge of SEO and techniques, including using Google AdWords Keyword Planner
· Experience with Help Desk/ticket systems
· Knowledge of enterprise IT subject matter