Job Opening: Industrial Engineer
Applications Accepted: Until Filled
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking an Industrial Engineer for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Industrial Engineer will support overall business objectives of lean and SQDC&G through continuous improvement in productivity of operations. Work with other engineering and manufacturing disciplines in the development of processes to increase production quality, efficiency, or volume.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Work to increase production and operations efficiency by establishing work methods and sequence of operations, optimizing utilization of production facilities and labor. This includes cell design, ergonomic analysis, coordinating plant layout changes, developing labor standards, and leading standard work and work instruction development.
- Support Manufacturing Engineers in the design of value stream flow, capacity analysis and labor optimization through the NPD process.
- Participate in the development of floor layout with Value Stream Leadership to improve the flow of material through production processes.
- Support LOS development and implementation.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or other related discipline required.
- One or more years of experience which provides knowledge of Industrial Engineering Principles such as work measurement, methods engineering, and workplace design.
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment with demonstrated results applying Lean principles and tools such as: Kaizen facilitation, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving, Kanban, Visual Management, Quick Changeover, Standardized Work.
- Ability to perform complex problem solving utilizing the DMAIC methodology.
- Ability to interpret manufacturing schematics and blueprints. GD&T
- Familiar with statistical quality control methods
- Must have strong analytical, statistical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in Industrial Engineering Principles such as work measurement, methods engineering, and workplace design.
- Experience in applying ergonomics principles to workplace design.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and production.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Leatherman Operating Systems (LOS) Training/Certification: Attend LOS classes relevant to job.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package:
Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Profit Share Annual Bonus at Forecasted Profit Levels up to 12%, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential