TechTarget is seeking a talented, highly motivated Reporter to drive content creation for SearchSecurity and other information security sites in the TechTarget network. SearchSecurity provides news, analysis, trends and actionable advice for enterprise information security professionals.
The Reporters primary responsibilities include writing news and news-feature articles, monitoring developments in the information security market, and developing content and coverage strategies. Duties include writing 4 to 5 stories a week, including breaking news, news analyses, Q&A interviews, features, case studies, and other original content relevant to information security professionals. An ideal candidate should have strong writing and reporting skills and the ability to develop, research and deliver high-quality articles on security quickly in what is a fast-paced news beat. An ability to build expertise on information security topics, identify storylines that matter to the audience and develop a rapport with expert sources is essential. Experience in multimedia journalism, including developing, writing and recording news videos and podcasts, is preferred.
The candidate should have five years of news reporting, and three years of experience on a technology beat. An ideal candidate has some knowledge of enterprise information security-related topics, and the ability to develop vendor, analyst and user contacts in the field.
Essential Job Functions:
· Report and write on deadline;
· Develop sources among information security professionals, vendors, analysts and market experts;
· Stay abreast of current information security industry news;
· Develop an in-depth knowledge of information security
· Develop story ideas;
· Deliver 4 to 5 pieces of content for publication each week;
· Travel to and cover relevant press conferences and trade shows
· Collaborate on editorial calendar;
· Identify potential freelance technical writers and experts;
· Occasionally assign and edit original material;
· Develop special report/content packaging ideas; and
Knowledge, skills and abilities desired:
· Bachelor’s degree;
· At least five years as a professional journalist;
· At least three years on a technology beat;
· Demonstrated publishing knowledge, understanding of journalistic ethics;
· Strong writing, editing and verbal skills;
· Strong computer/Web skills;
· Experience with interviewing;
· Ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously;
· Strong organizational skills;
· A self-starter and strong independent worker;
· Intellectual curiosity, innovation and high standards;
· Adherence to deadlines; and
· The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.