Payroll Manager - Milpitas
Nanometrics is a leading provider of advanced, high-performance process control metrology and inspection systems. We are looking for driven, hands on, Global Payroll Manager to join our Finance team. The ideal candidate is proactive and has strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other teams as a leader, owner and payroll subject matter expert. The Global Payroll Manager is responsible for designing and implementing as well as managing a best in class payroll process. Currently, hands on processing is required for the US, Canada and Italy.
· Own and be accountable for the design and implementation of a best in class global payroll function that fits the company needs
· Maintain effective payroll policies, procedures and SOX controls;
· Identify and implement process improvements in all payroll operations
· Own the accuracy and timeliness of the payroll function
· Process bi-weekly payroll for all US employees including some multi-state employees, Canada and monthly Italy Payroll
· Audit employee expense reports to ensure they are within the Company Expense policies
· Process bi-weekly expense reports for all US employees, Canada and Italy
· Record payroll transactions, including PTO accruals and expenses, in the general ledger
· Reconcile all payroll related accounts
· Assist with audits of internal records, tax filings and related documentation.
· Proactively ensures compliance with global and state payroll requirements; stays current with changes in the law.
- Minimum of 8 years of payroll experience, including both multi-state and international payrolls/currency
- Publicly-traded company experience
- Experience with Oracle, ADP PayExpert, ADP EZ Labor
- Knowledge and understanding of split payrolls, equity and healthcare
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Ability to write and document payroll processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team and use influence to problem solve is critical
- Solid accounting experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus