The Human Resources Manager provides leadership and direction for the HR Business Partners assigned to locations and/or business units. He/she oversees HR policy, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning and Management, and coordinates HR processes related to job/status changes, compensation, performance management and employee development. This individual and his/her team provide HR services and solutions directly or in coordination with other internal partners. Based on business needs, he/she may also oversee other HR functions including but not limited to: HRIS, Benefits, Compensation, Recruitment/Staffing, for example.
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Provide leadership and guidance, coach, train, develop and hold accountable departmental staff, resulting in well-trained, reliable, customer service-oriented department employees.
· Collaborate with other internal and external HR partners to develop and deliver HR solutions. Maintains proper balance between the needs of the enterprise and individual locations and/or service lines and ensures that the interests of the company are protected while allowing/encouraging appropriate flexibility for business units.
· Execute annual workforce planning process to set annual HR plan for each site and/or business unit. Ensure that plan supports the achievement of business results, staff development and retention, and fosters Safeguard culture and values. Monitor execution of plan and ensure the achievement of results.
· Develop and organize reports that provide meaningful HR metrics and analysis for company leaders (e.g., retention/turnover, performance management, hiring/promotions, corrective action, engagement).
· Deliver employee relations services throughout the organization; act as advocate for the company’s interests, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; reinforce Company Open Door Policy; manage and oversee programs which lead to increased employee engagement/morale. Conduct investigations as required. Develop and enforce company HR policies.
· Oversee the day-to-day administration of all employee programs and benefits; ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; maintain or improve benefit expenses to Company goals; resulting in full compliance with all laws and regulations as well as effective expense management
· Administer and implement compensation strategy and programs to support competitive pay practices and achieve business and operational results; ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Development incentive pay programs (annual, production/operational, recognition) as required.
· Oversee the administration of performance management programs; reinforce coaching and development of employees; assist with succession planning and leadership development programs resulting in solid leadership talent pipelines and effective succession management for key and leadership positions.
· Ensure all transactional aspects of Human Resource programs are executed timely and with minimal errors; ensures Company is in full compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations
· Respond to all business communications within 24-48 hours
· Required to meet or exceed productivity and quality standards set forth by the department.
- Adheres to Safeguard’s core values and competencies
- Customer Service = Resolution;
- Team Work
- Employee Management
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
· Job Knowledge
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related disciplines required
- Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related disciplines preferred
- 5-7 years of prior supervisory experience
- Experience in developing and delivering HR solutions that support business needs; ability to measure impact and effectiveness of programs and efforts.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, database and department specific software systems
- Demonstrates continuous follow-up capability
- Proven ability to train, coach and develop employees
- Proven ability to source and recruit departmental staff
- Proven vendor management skills
- PHR or SPHR designation, as well as other Human Resources certifications