Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Product Design Engineer for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The Engineer in this position must be capable of working in our Advanced Development, Implementation and Continuous Improvement teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and experienced hands-on Engineer who enjoys working with a cross functional team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This person will work on various projects simultaneously while always providing their best engineering and problem solving skills to the teams.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you are an Engineer who:
· Is passionate about doing great work.
· Loves to be challenged.
· Is resourceful and determined to figure things out.
· Is curious about everything.
· Wants to share knowledge with and learn from others.
· Brings something unique to the organization.
You would be joining a team that has these traits in common and who looks forward to working with you.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
· Interact and work effectively with people from every function in the company and with suppliers around the globe.
· Conceptualize and develop unique ideas for new products, product variations and product enhancements.
· Provide qualitative assessments of a design's ability to achieve the needed requirements.
· Engineer and specify the optimal design solutions which will meet performance, manufacturability and cost targets.
· Design test fixtures, develop and conduct tests to support problem solving and validate design solutions.
· Develop quantitative product specifications based on consumer use and competitive benchmark testing.
· Accurately interpret analytical and test results.
· Communicate test and analytical results to other people.
· Create technical reports and maintain documentation based on research, tests and/or studies.
· Apply fundamental concepts of physics, material science and engineering principles.
· Follow systematic problem solving methodologies (i.e. 8D, Six Sigma, Shainen).
· Use analytical tools such as QFD, FMEA, DOE, FEA.
· Capable of making good and timely decisions in situations where all desired information is not available.
· Perform tolerance stack-up calculations.
· Design products using 3D CAD Software (SolidWorks preferred).
· Create detailed 2D drawings that clearly communicate product and component requirements to others.
· Able to understand and apply GD&T ANSI Y Y14.5 2009.
· Facilitate and lead teams through projects and problem solving exercises.
· Travel when required to work directly with suppliers.
· Achieve the best of their capabilities.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Experience working in a consumer product company preferred.
· Experience working in medium to high volume manufacturing environment preferred.
Excellent Benefit Package:
Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Profit Share Annual Bonus at Forecasted Profit Levels up to 15%, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team.
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.