Network Engineer - Milpitas
JOB TITLE: Network Engineer
Experience with Cisco Networking, firewall technology, intrusion detection, network monitoring, Windows Active Directory and networking protocols, and change control procedures.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Provide technical knowledge and systems planning to meet availability and uptime requirements
· Proactively handles troubleshooting and resolution of site & services issues/problems that may affect operations
· Researches, evaluates and recommends network hardware/IOS changes, upgrades
· Maintain network documentation and interface with ISPs and network VARs
· Responsible for overall network connectivity for the company including but not limit to Data, VoIP, VPN (site-to-site and users), wireless
· Maintain corporate and offices firewall, in charge of corporate network security using existing Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks, Sophos, etc
· Performance monitoring, trouble-shooting and site management for network related services such as LAN, WAN, VoIP, VPN, wireless access
· “Other related duties as appropriate and required by your manager”.
Behavioral Skills and Competencies Required:
· Passion for building extremely scalable, resilient and stable network
· Network hardware experience preferred: Cisco IOS, NX-OS and Nexus switching, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks Firewall, Riverbed Steelhead, Talari, Cisco UC version 8.x
· Ability to work toward corporate objectives; Quality of work to include timeliness, completeness and accuracy.
· Project management and documentation skills
· Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand with any project.
· Knowledge of department function so that operations run smoothly in manager’s absence
Technical and Functional Skills Required:
Education: Cisco CCNA minimum, preferred CCNP with VoIP
Associates degree in MIS or computer science or equivalent work experience
Experience: 5+ years of hands-on experience Cisco network technology
Palo Alto Networks firewall
Expert in LAN/WAN network administration
Windows AD and MS Exchange (2007+) a plus
Experience in Active Directory, Group Policy management, and domain security audit, etc. a plus
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science, CCNA, CCNP or equivalent experience