|Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
|Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
LINCOLN CHILD CENTER
Lincoln Child Center enables vulnerable and emotionally troubled children and their families to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Clinician
PROGRAM: School Engagement Program
ACCOUNTABILITY: Program Manager
The Clinician will provide individual and family counseling and intensive case management, wraparound service and crisis intervention to youth and their families referred by the Alameda County Parent Truancy court, due to a history of chronic truant behaviors. The Clinician will evaluate needs of clients and develop treatment plans and interventions that respond to their needs in coordination with other team members of the School Engagement Program (SEP), along with other community partners. The Clinician will also work with youth and families to assist them in maintaining the greatest possible school attendance, along with maintaining family stability through access to community resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- M.S.W or M.A/M.S. in a relevant field, from an accredited graduate school. Current license or registered internship toward licensure.
- Three years of demonstrated experience and skills providing outreach, case management, and educational support services to youth and their families that are facing mental health and educational challenges affecting school attendance.
- Previous counseling experience highly desirable;
- Experience with Medi-Cal billing and/or ability to learn Medi-Cal billing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for supportive services to enable youth and their family to utilize parenting and youth engagement resources.
- Demonstrated awareness of strength-based sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively with teams
- Valid California driver’s license, a clear driving record, availability of personal vehicle and personal insurance coverage.
- Word processing; ability to utilize LCC information Management System.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse multidisciplinary setting.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekends.
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, full-time, exempt, benefited position.
- Carry an assigned caseload.
- Assist clients to maintain stability in the community by offering support and linkage to needed services.
- Responsible for regular scheduled weekly individual meetings with clients.
- Develop rapport and maintain good professional relationship with clients.
- Provide counseling and case management to clients in natural setting; including outreach, home visit, school and community settings.
- Learn and develop skills in evidence- based practices following a strength- based perspective that can be applied in treatment plans and ongoing work.
- Encourage clients and their family’s success and generate a social network through exploring opportunities provided by counseling services, community integration, and other community resources.
- Adhere to all internal and external reporting and documentation requirements.
- Provide outreach and intensive case management services to clients as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with court officials, parents, community liaisons and school officials.
- Represent agency at public and assigned functions.
- Ability to work independently as well as consult with the school engagement team to deliver culturally sensitive services.
- Participate in weekly individual and/or group supervision.
- Participate in agency in-service training programs.
- Understand and follow all LCC safety policies, procedures and rules. Perform all job duties safely.
- Attend all required safety training sessions. Identify and immediately report all workplace hazards, safety rule violations, near misses, and work-related injuries.
- Be responsible for responding to the on call phone as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
SCHEDULE: Flexible schedule based on program and client needs. Generally weekdays from 9 AM – 5:30 PM. Weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and salary scale.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefits package available.