The position of Human Resources Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position of 40 hours per week providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department. Specific duties include Recruitment and resume tracking using ADP; reconciling monthly benefit invoices; processing payroll data; and maintaining HR information on BAC internal and external websites. This position reports to the Human Resources Director.
I. Responsibilities and Duties
Human Resources duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Maintain files of active and inactive employee files and file related documents
- Provide general customer service to all employees and assist with tasks such as verifying leave balances; processing leave requests; researching and answering routine HR related questions
- Assist with printing and mailing of HR related communications.
- Assist in maintaining HR information on BAC internal and external website.
- Assist in new hire orientation including meeting with new hires to complete required employment paperwork.
HRIS and Payroll Related Tasks:
- Assist in processing new hire and terminated employees’ paper work and perform related data entry
- Prepare ADP PrKDMepi payroll file to reconcile employee leave records for payroll
- Assist in preparing payroll staff memo and compiling supporting documentation for each payroll
- Reconcile biweekly and monthly invoices for HR related benefits (Harvard Pilgrim, Delta Dental, Vision Program, Flexible Spending Account, and Life Insurance
- Assist in maintaining Manager Access in HRB
- Assist in tracking and reconciling work hours for 403(b) Retirement Program
- Run employee analytical reports from ADP to Excel
Recruitment Specific Tasks:
- Enter and track new job postings in ADP Recruitment Module
- Research cost effective external job posting opportunities
- Manage incoming resumes and ensure access to hiring departments
- Screen and respond to related emails and telephone inquiries on current recruitments
- Conduct telephone screening interviews; meet prospective candidates and schedule appointments and interviews for posted positions
- Other tasks as assigned to include reviewing and submitting unemployment claims; maintain HR related documents for the Federal Work Study Program; provide administrative assistance for the Performance Review Cycle
II. Standards of Professionalism
Team and Interpersonal skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members including support staff and more senior staff. These persons must thus be approached in a way that makes them feel valued as individuals and team members and takes into account the necessities of work as seen from their perspective.
Service orientation: Success in this position requires a service oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and faculty are treated in such a way as to feel valued and well served in their contacts with the school though you.
Confidentiality and discretion: Success in this position requires the ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of prospective/student and faculty records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged, if not necessarily confidential, information.
III. Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of work experience in Human Resources or related field
- Familiarity with office systems, word processing, strong Excel database skills required
- Detailed oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Familiarity with application of Employment Laws including FMLA and ADA