Position Title Auditor, Internal Audit & Compliance
Department Quality Assurance
Reports to Manager, Internal Audit & Compliance
Safeguard Properties is the nation's largest privately-held field services company providing services to the mortgage loan industry. We are the fastest growing company in Northeast Ohio with revenues over $100 million based on Weatherhead 100 rankings. We have over 1,500 employees and are seeking candidates to help take our company to the next level. The Internal Audit department is seeking candidates with exceptional analytical, communication, and leadership skills who can quickly learn the business and drive improvements in processes, policies and risk management. The Internal Audit department provides excellent visibility of the business, learning and partnership opportunities with all service lines, and interaction with senior management.
The Internal Auditor II will be responsible for internal audits of all processes (operational, compliance, information technology and financial audits) and compliance with internal control testing. The selected candidate will also participate in the development and design of system applications to ensure adequate internal controls and security are implemented and support operational improvement by participating on a team and sharing best practices. Furthermore, the Internal Auditor II will conduct audits to ensure quality control is performed according to standards across the company, provide recommendations, and audit the implementation of quality improvement initiatives. The candidate will conduct work in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics disseminated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Expectations & Outcomes
· Perform operational, compliance, information technology and/or financial audits of various Company functions to evaluate and determine the adequacy of internal controls, ensure efficient and effective operating procedures are in place and are being carried out as designed, and determine if controls and procedures are achieving the expected results.
· Perform regular audits to ensure compliance with client and safeguard policies, such as vendor licensing and insurance, legal claims procedures, information security tests and SSAE-16 controls.
· Track, participate and/or manage the implementation of compliance initiatives (laws, regulations, programs, etc.) to successful completion.
· Participate in Investigations and assist in the coordination of the related hotline and case management system. Work with other areas as necessary to ensure effective and efficient performance of investigations.
· Identify, understand, and document business risks surrounding internal controls and other factors. Provide input for preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess and make recommendations for improving company key operational/finance activities and internal controls.
· Report process and internal control deficiencies that could adversely affect the Company’s ability to record, process, summarize and/or report financial data.
· Assist in the implementation of training and communication of compliance related content to increase awareness and decrease risk of non-compliance.
· Assist with managing/tracking certification/acknowledgements as required supporting employee awareness and proof of compliance.
· Research and provide information as requested for client audits and questionnaires.
· Develop analyses with insights on key quality trends and audit findings. Recommend opportunities for improvement and actions to address based on results. Present analyses and recommendations to Manager of Internal Audit & Quality Assurance, Director of Quality Control, operations leadership and senior executives.
· Partner with operations management to develop plans to implement recommendations from audits and QC findings, and follows up to ensure effective implementation.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Information Technology, or equivalent required.
· Seeking or willing to seek a professional certification, but not required.
· Experience with audit or compliance in a regulated industry
· Ability to learn all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
· Demonstrated high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint; able to quickly learn new techniques; proficiency in database applications also preferred.
· Strong organization and communication skills
· Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
· Flexible, adaptable to changing situations on short notice.
· Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to solve complex problems.