East Coast Region
The Neil Jones Food Company, Purveyors of superior quality, fresh packed California tomatoes and Northwest fruit, headquartered in Vancouver, Washington seeks a customer service/data entry representative to join our Vancouver, WA based team. The Neil Jones Food Company is a well-established privately held food Manufacturing Company with
Summary of this position:
Handles all aspects of daily order fulfillment, general order management and assisting customers with various requests for information (packing slips, certificates of analysis, specification sheets, etc); coordinate tasks with Brokers and Regional Sales Managers as needed; and maintains a positive and professional attitude and contributes to the team in a positive way.
· Answers busy phones
· Responds to customers requests in a timely manner, generally within 2 hours.
· Enters all orders into systems per internal processes.
· Utilizes Order Notes to document issues.
· Confirms all orders back to customers as soon as possible.
· Confirms warehouses have all information needed to process orders and to make sure order will be fulfilled when requested.
· Coordinates with Supply Chain Group and Logistic/Transportation team to make sure products are available when and where requested by the customer
· Completes and attaches all needed documentation for order.
· Pulls all documentation for order and gives to Billing Group as needed.
· Identifies and resolves problems in a professional, timely manner.
· Focuses on building and sustaining excellent relationships with our brokers, customers and NJFC Sales Team.
· Creates / Manages Return Material Authorizations as needed.
· Gathers and forwards information from customers on damaged product/ quality issues then forwards to manager.
· Participates in project work as assigned.
· Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
· Perform other duties as necessary
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent Customer Service skills and phone etiquette.
· Maintains a professional, helpful demeanor at all times
· Able to manage multiple task simultaneously.
· Able to maintain a well organized work station.
· Thorough knowledge of filing systems.
· Able to do basic to advanced math problems.
· Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping methods.
· Excellent conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Thorough computer knowledge and supporting software.
· Fosters a team environment.
· High school diploma required.
· Associates degree or some college preferred.
· 2-3 years of demonstrated sales or customer service experience. Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
· Majority of work requires sitting at a desk or computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day, occasionally traveling between departments or buildings.
· Must be able to hear, speak, and see clearly.
· Frequently required to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
· Travel rare but could be up to 10%.
Equal Employment Opportunity M/F/D/V