SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is looking for a Internal Communications Officer. This individual is responsible for providing structure and process for effective, timely and efficient communication throughout the organization to ensure the team, at all levels, has the information they need to understand, support and align their activities to the goals and direction of the credit union.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and monitor the internal communication program so that internal stakeholders (teammembers, board of directors, senior managers) are informed of organizational news, issues and direction and have mechanisms for providing feedback.
- Advise teammembers to ensure self-generated content meets organizational objectives for internal communications, and ensure standards of communication are kept high.
- Manage internal communications channels.
- Advise management on sensitive and complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications issues.
- Responsible for managing internal communications channels, including writing/editing the front page of theSource, organizing teammember focus groups and editing key internal presentations and communications.
- Advise and support internal communications programs.
- Proactively seek feedback from teammembers on internal communication issues and bring forward solutions.
- Proactively seek opportunities to advise on internal communications issues Point of contact internal communications and teammember advocacy.
- Be the first point of contact for internal communication inquiries and requests for advice Help communicate policies via internal communications channels.
- Set and maintain standards for effective email communication.
- Ensure effective communication from senior management to the Board, including writing talking points for the board.
- Play a leading role in redeveloping and improving the intranet as a key internal communications tool.
- Develop internal communications plans for a range of projects, initiatives and campaigns, and implement them.
- Represent internal communications on projects as required to ensure that project managers take note of internal communications needs.
- Project representation for internal communications.
- All teammembers must comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge/Education/Years of Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required
5 - 7 previous years of related experience required
Experience of advising senior managers on internal communications challenges, including crisis communications
Experience of successfully influencing staff at all levels within an organization
Experience in both verbal and written communications for a variety of audiences
Involvement in managing an intranet and team of intranet editors/contributors
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required
Strong Project Management and Presentation skills preferred
Complete Benefits Package:
100% company paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
100% matched 401K (dollar for dollar, up to 6%)
Paid holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal leave
100% paid life and disability insurance
Amazing discounts on Sprint and AT&T services
Contingency child care program
Educational assistant program
Employee assistance program
0% interest loans for laser eye surgery, computer, and wardrobe loans
24 hour fitness discounts
VPI pet insurance
Membership for you and your immediate family
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
SchoolsFirst FCU is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our teammembers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the ability to work effectively with a diverse Membership base.