The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing engaging, innovative, and effective training course materials (both instructor-led and online) for the rollout of the companys new business process software application. The person we seek works directly with subject matter experts and software developers to create materials including but not limited to leaders guides, participant materials, job-aids, tests, quizzes, and practice activities related to the new software. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented team player with proven experience in developing training for technology initiatives and application of instructional design techniques to meet adult learning objectives.
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Works independently and in a collaborative team environment to design and develop training materials.
· Regularly communicates with stakeholders to define deliverables, discuss project status, design outlines, create work plans, and review timelines.
· Develops templates and forms to support process flow and procedure when required.
· Adheres to principles of Instructional System Design (ADDIE model or other accepted system design approach).
· Works collaboratively with company stakeholders to produce courses that meet learning objectives and offer value-added benefits to all involved.
· Designs and interprets a variety of needs analysis. Uses front-end analyses including needs assessment, task analysis, content analysis, learner characteristic assessment, environmental review, and instructional analysis.
· Explores, evaluates, and recommends new technologies, materials, and instruction. Researches and develops applications of new technologies for learning and instruction.
· Fosters relationships with subject-matter experts to encourage feedback and create courses that achieve course objectives and promote student success.
· Evaluates, maintains, and revises courses.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
· Bachelors Degree
· Ability to design and develop materials both independently and as a team player.
· Technical writing skills and experience
· Ability to learn new technologies and systems quickly and efficiently
· Proven instructional design experience on major technology initiatives.
· Experience and success consulting with subject matter experts and administrative staff on instructional design issues, including the effective use of technology for teaching and learning.
· Knowledge of current research and development of learning environments, alternative and authentic assessment methods and techniques.
· Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in adult learning theories and concepts and cultural diversity.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to work with all levels of employees and management under minimum supervision.
· Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat as well as other authoring tools and software (e.g. RoboHelp, Leaders Guide Pro, Captivate, Articulate, etc.).