Sales Support – Operations Improvers
Sales Support is a customer service position responsible for aiding the Sales Team by answering incoming telephone calls, taking messages and providing general clerical assistance, including but not limited to copying, filing, faxing, report generation or assisting with any other projects that are required. As an employee of Scot Forge, Sales Support is expected to use time to ensure efficient departmental productivity, understand and follow the quality policy, and work in cooperation with all fellow employee owners to sustain a strong team atmosphere.
Essential Job Functions:
· Process new and confirming purchase orders and attach necessary documentation
o Verify Scot Forge paperwork matches customer requirements
o Ensure all appropriate/requested paperwork is given to Process Engineering department
o Send credit applications to required customers. Follow up and verify the information was received and forwarded to accounting
o Locate information in the computer regarding previous orders, similar orders, available material, etc.
· Assign quote numbers. Reference previous orders and quotes and check for blue prints.
· Prepare change notices and forward to the appropriate change notice mailbox. Follow all change notice procedures listed in the Sales Support manual. Monitor change notices for completion.
· Provide order status to customers as requested (Excel, faxed requests, phone calls, e-mails or on-line tacking).
· Generate various reports and distribute to assigned account manager.
· When answering calls, try to help out callers with their request without getting account manager involved.
· Monitor account managers e-mails when they are out.
· Open, sort and prioritize incoming e-mails, faxes and mail and distribute to team members for processing.
· Other general clerical assistance that may be provided; distributing mail, e-mailing, data entry and word processing.
· Make certain that appropriate paperwork gets sent to the scanning department to be scanned. (Inserts, appends, quotes, PO’s, customer correspondence, etc.)
· For tracking purposes, transfer orders to the appropriate individuals or departments.
· When needed, assist other sales support with work overload.
· Coordinate and track travel arrangements for Account Managers
· Maintain a team calendar to coordinate activities and track time spent out of the office for the entire team (vacations, educational classes, business travel, etc.)
Additional Responsibilities for Operations Improvers
· Maintain and develop relationships with key customers
· Respond to customers’ requests for proof of deliveries, material certifications, etc.
· Send monthly master quotes or price lists to customers
· Participate on monthly customer S&OP conference calls
· Complete contract review process (order entry start-to-finish) for repeatable parts
· Collaborate with customers via phone, websites, or web portals to ensure Scot Forge is meeting the demand requirements
· Coordinate directly with customers, Production Control, and Process Engineering date changes, quantity changes, etc.
· Provide the Quality Assurance team with supplier performance metrics
· Manage the ordering of customer supplied crates
· Investigate and, if possible, resolve freight and billing issues
· Manage customer specific reports such as open orders, acknowledgement, date change, etc.
- Amount of tracking numbers assigned (quotes/orders)
· AS Degree is preferred but not required based on applicable experience
· Microsoft Office Applications
- Keyboarding skills
- Reflections (or current software)
- SF Web Portal
- Math Skills
- Basic blueprint reading (helpful)
- Written communication skills
- Product knowledge