The Assistant Manager of Infrastructure Support (Network and Phone Services) manages the internal team and external vendors supporting voice, contact center, and networking for teammembers and our Members. The Assistant Manager oversees and provides guidance for his/her direct reports ensuring their direction and goals are aligned with the organization. Proactive planning, communicating of dates, deadlines, risks, and an emphasis on a service first attitude are critical success factors.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for effective management of approximately five direct reports. Communication horizontally and vertically, appropriate prioritization of work, proactive identification of risks and plans to mitigate or eliminate risks are required. This individual participates in technical research, troubleshooting and support to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. They provide written recommendations on development to ensure continual innovation. Document and or conduct teammember coaching, annual reviews, and corrective action as needed.
This individual will assist project teams with technical assistance in the Service Transition and Service Operation phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the implementation support of design and technical strategy within the project life-cycle; validation and testing and rolling-out the solutions into production environments. Problem, Change, and Release Management will be part of ongoing operational support. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
Operations and Support
1. Hire, retain, motivate, and develop a highly skilled technical team.
2. Participate in Information Technology Services Infrastructure Administration strategy, planning, and collaboration to ensure uniformity among teams while promoting individuals and their ideas.
3. Responsible for ensuring root cause was identified and documented as appropriate.
4. Work directly with business unit leaders to ensure the overall satisfaction of service delivery and effective communication.
5. Work with business unit leaders to establish performance metrics.
6. Work with IT management to align IT priorities and create metrics to ensure goals are met.
7. Work directly with vendors, negotiate contracts and deliverables and ensure they are in alignment with credit union values.
8. Oversee Managed Service Providers and other Professional Services organizations that are an extension of our 24/7 support operation.
9. Perform regular systems hardening to maintain security standards.
10. Check help desk database for entries on network resource issues; prioritize and respond to tickets as appropriate.
11. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
12. Maintain training materials and server documentation.
· Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science (or equivalent).
· ITIL Foundation v3
· CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCNA Security or other relevant security certification
· 8+ years of network administration experience.
· 5+ years technical business experience
· 4+ years process development, support and implementation of systems architecture
· 4+ years' Experience with Solution Architecture and Integration Design
· 3+ years in a supervisory capacity.
· 2+ years' Experience in Financial Services vertical a plus.
· Advanced experience with SIP, RTP, RTCP, ISDN, FXS, FXO, TCP/IP, MGCP, H.323, SCCP, ISDN, PPP.
· Advanced knowledge of Soft-Phone, VoIP Telephony, Cisco Call Manager 8.5, Cisco Unity Connections 8.5, IPIVR 8.5, and other UCS family products.
· Advanced experience with Cisco Contact Center Enterprise 8.5 (and above).
· Advanced knowledge of scripting (IPIVR) and voice prompts.
· Advanced knowledge of packet capture and analysis.
· Intermediate knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.0 and higher in a UCS environment.
· Intermediate knowledge and experience with Windows Operating Systems including; Windows Server 2008 and higher.
· Intermediate ability with Operating System Utilities
· Intermediate knowledge of CoS and QoS designs, configurations and support.
· Intermediate knowledge of OSI Model, Subnetting/IP Addressing, VLANs.
· Intermediate knowledge of POTS, DS1/T1, E1, DS3, OC3, FE, GigE and 10GigE.
· Intermediate knowledge with CLI (iOS, NX-OS).
· Intermediate experience with Cisco routers, layer 2 and 3 switches.
· Intermediate knowledge of Spanning Tree, HSRP, EGIRP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, and VPN technologies
· Intermediate knowledge of firewalls, load balancers.
· Intermediate knowledge of wireless technologies.
· Intermediate Knowledge of audit and security best practices (SANS, EC-Council).
· Basic knowledge with Windows Operating Systems including; Windows Server 2008 (R2 64bit) and higher.
· Basic knowledge and experience with server hardware including blade infrastructure.
· Basic knowledge with Storage technologies (iSCSI, Fiber Channel, NFS).
Responsibility and Oversight – Financial and Supervisory
1. This individual will have direct reporting teammembers and may work as a technical lead within particular projects.
2. Budget responsibility and signing authority
Working Conditions and Travel
1. No regular travel is required. Local travel may be required as needed to support business operations
2. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, occasionally with little advance notice.
1. This position will be part of an on call team supporting the production environment 24x7x365.
Complete Benefits Package:
100% company paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
100% matched 401K (dollar for dollar, up to 6%)
Paid holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal leave
100% paid life and disability insurance
Amazing discounts on Sprint and AT&T services
Contingency child care program
Educational assistant program
Employee assistance program
0% interest loans for laser eye surgery, computer, and wardrobe loans
24 hour fitness discounts
VPI pet insurance
Membership for you and your immediate family
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.