Applications Scientist/Engineer Albany, NY
The person is responsible to provide high level applications support of complex measurement systems used in manufacture semiconductor devices/integrated circuits. He or She will primarily support Albany Fab, with additional duty to support US and WW customers as needed.
The selected applicant will have the opportunity to work closely with process engineers in Semiconductor Fab to provide Metrology solutions for complex multi-layer thin film measurements and Optical Critical Dimension measurements for 450mm process. Duties will include characterization of cutting edge measurement technologies, technical paper publications, making technology / product presentations and technical training for customers.
- BS/MS in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience with statistics/data analysis/fitting concept software.
- Ability to systemically troubleshoot problems to root cause and identify and thoroughly test solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills and willing to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- 1-2+ year experience in a Semiconductor Fab
- Familiarity with Software coding using Visual Basic, C++, Matlab
- Experience with JMP is a great add.
Albany, NY, United States