Our policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship or disability in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are a smoke-free and drug-free working environment.
Location: Catalina, AZ
Position: Outdoor Adventure Guide - Part Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Outdoor Adventure Guide must have general knowledge of Challenge Course High and Low Ropes Elements.
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs; ability to carry and climb ladders of 10-12ft and transition to climb poles upwards of 50ft and be comfortable traversing cables of 35-50ft in height and length.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and belay for extended periods and do so on average 4-6 hours/day several days per week.
- Must be technically proficient with ropes, helmets, harnesses, hardware, and several belay techniques.
- General knowledge of Santa Catalina trails, Sonoran Desert wildlife and vegetation. - Capable of riding 2-4 hr technical mountain bike ride (3-15miles) followed by a 2-3 hr hike (3-5miles).
- Must be able to hike 7-12miles, with 1000+ elevation gain, at a 2-3mile an hour pace.
- 5 Plus years of Outdoor Adventure Facilitation/Guiding Experience
- 2 yrs Rock Climbing Facilitation/Guiding Experience Preferred,
- Wilderness First Responder Cert.,
- CPR Cert.,
- Technical Rock Climbing Cert. (AMGA and/or PCIA) preferred.
I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM EMPLOYED, ANY MISREPRESENTATION OR MATERIAL OMMISSION MADE BY ME ON THIS APPLICATION WILL BE SUFFICIENT CAUSE FOR CANCELLATION OF THIS APPLICTION OR IMMEDIATE DISCHARGE FROM THE EMPLOYERS SERVICE, WHENEVER IT IS DISCOVERED. I GIVE THE EMPLOYER THE RIGHT TO CONTACT AND OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM ALL REFERENCES, EMPLOYERS, EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND TO OTHERWISE VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS APPLICATION. I HEREBY RELEASE FROM LIABILITY THE EMPLOYER AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES FOR SEEKING, GATHERING AND USING SUCH INFORMATION AND ALL OTHER PERSONS, CORPORATIONS OR ORGANIZATIONS FOR FURNISHING SUCH INFORMATION. THE EMPLOYER DOES NOT UNLAWFULLY DISCRIMINATE IN EMPLOYMENT AND NO QUESTION ON THIS APPLICATION IS USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF LIMITING OR EXCUSING ANY APPLICANT FROM CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT ON A BASIS PROHIBITED BY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW. THIS APPLICATION IS CURRENT FOR 6 MONTHS. AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS TIME, IF I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE EMPLOYER AND STILL WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT, IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO FILL OUT A NEW APPLICATION. I HEREBY UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UNLESS OTHERWISE DEFINED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS ORGANIZATION IS OF AN AT WILL NATURE WHICH MEANS THAT THE EMPLOYEE MAY RESIGN AT ANY TIME AND THE EMPLOYER MAY DISCHARGE EMPLOYEE AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON. IT IS FURTHER UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS AT WILL EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP MAY NOT BE CHANGED BY ANY ORAL STATEMENT OR WRITTEN DOCUMENT OR BY CONDUCT UNLESS SUCH CHANGE IS SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGED IN WRITING BY AN AUTHORIZED EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THIS ORGANIZATION. THE EMPLOYMENT CONFERS NO CONTRACTUAL EMPLOYMENT OR ANY GUARANTEE OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.
I UNDERSTAND IT IS THIS COMPANYS POLICY NOT TO REFUSE TO HIRE A QUALIFIED INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY BECAUSE OF THAT PERSONS NEED FOR A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION AS REQUIRED BY THE ADA.
I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM HIRED, I WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF IDENTITY AND LEGAL WORK AUTHORIZATION. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COMPANY MAY REQUEST PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT THAT I UNDERGO A MEDICAL EXAM OR DRUG TESTING, AND I CONSENT AND AGREE TO ANY SUCH EXAM, IF REQUIRED, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. I UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING IS REQUIRED, A SATISFACTORY RESULT IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. THE COMPANYALSO REQUIRES POST-ACCIDENT DRUG/ALCOHOL TESTING.
By clicking the next button below, I represent and warrant that I have read and fully understand the foregoing and seek employment under these conditions. If I do not fully understand, I will choose to click the cancel button below.