1. Represents the community in a positive manner while creating an environment that fosters respect and courtesy for residents and employees alike. Works within the community’s programs and neighborhoods to promote safety and the well-being of all residents and employees.
2. Upholds the community’s Mission Statement.
3. Maintains HIPAA standards and regards all healthcare and personal information pertaining to residents and employees as confidential.
4. Responsible for procuring, storing, and assisting or administering residents’ medications as trained following policies and procedures, scope of nursing practice, and state guidelines. As part of person centered care medications are stored and given in residents’ rooms. Also administers intramuscular and subcutaneous injections. Ensures that drugs falling under the controlled substances act are documented, counted and properly stored. Interfaces with the institutional pharmacy for management of medication programs and utilizes the designated programs for ordering and inventory of medications.
5. Observes residents and notifies the proper staff person and documents in the proper records any changes, unusual occurrences or reactions to medications.
6. Takes and records vital signs and weights as ordered or required by regulations.
7. Responsible for communicating with the pharmacy partner, physicians, therapy partner, dietary partner, labs and other medical resources.
8. Assists with the ordering of nursing supplies and inventory of supplies. Evaluates the need for additional equipment for residents and assists with the procurement of equipment. Utilizes the designated technology and programming for procurement and ordering of inventory and resident billing.
9. If necessary confirms doctor appointments for residents and communicates with appropriate staff for follow up.
10. Makes rounds in assigned neighborhoods evaluating residents’ well being and assures that any issues or unusual occurrences with a resident is documented properly following policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines.
11. Assigns residents to nursing assistants in the neighborhood when needed.
12. Assists and supports residents with activities of daily living which include, but are not limited to, personal hygiene, dining, safety and evacuations, bathing, dressing, ambulation and transporting.
13. Assists residents in the dining room to include escorting, transferring, order taking, serving, meal preparation, and bussing as trained. Oversees the prescribed diets and fluid intake to residents and reports any persistent problems or complications to the DON and the resident’s physician while maintaining resident’s rights.
14. May be required to assist with housekeeping services, including but not limited to, bed making, trash removal, laundry, room and bathroom cleaning as needed, and other requests made by residents.
15. Leads and assists with implementation of life enrichment with guidance and support from the Life Enrichment Leader and Director of Nursing/Healthcare Administrator. Life Enrichment may include, but is not limited to, activities, craft/game groups, daily pleasures, life skills, and 1 on 1 interactions.
16. Encourages daily participating in scheduled programming and assists with escorting to designated areas.
17. May be required to participate in outings and/or day trips as part of the Life Enrichment Program.
18. Follows policies and procedures for communicating and interacting with residents’ families and guests.
19. Identifies safety hazards in the workplace and reports to appropriate personnel.