Job Summary: Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities for a Machine Shop. Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products. Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations. Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Quality Manager work environment is in a working Machine Shop.
• Responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s Quality Organization: Customer and Supplier Quality Management including Internal and Supplier performance and audits as well as QA and Customer Interactions.
• Build and lead a strong quality team locally and at corporate level. • Develop and maintain a quality plan for customers, Suppliers and for the company.
• Maintain and develop CLCA processes with Suppliers and actively work with key Suppliers based on the established criteria for all Materials.
• Mentor individual contributors in quality department.
• Work closely with Operations group & Suppliers on performance related issues and to develop plans such as Dock-to-Stock. ZQC, and others.
• Responsible for Close Loop Corrective Actions processes like 8Ds for Manufacturing, Test and final QA. • Participate in generating and maintaining the accuracy of data for weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for customer & supplier meetings, and also for internal company meetings with company customers and also for internal customers.
• Maintain a system to collect data accurately and its Failure & Statistical Analysis
• Participate in scheduled meetings with top suppliers and visit supplier sites for auditing their Quality Systems and/or technical audits as necessary
• Maintain ISO 9001 and manage internal and external audits, SSQA, SPC, CpK methods.
• Maintain and review MRB and RMA activities. • Complete customer requested self-assessments.
• Develop, maintain and support any assigned Quality activities for Continuous Improvement efforts, including but not limited to assembly/Manufacturing, Test, and QA.
• Interact at all levels with Customer, Suppliers and all company sites within Engineering, Operations, QA, Customer Service/support groups and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong working knowledge of Statistical methods including CpK, Gage R&R etc.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for Supplier and Customer interaction are required
• Strong Working knowledge of GD&T and machine shop mechanics, CMM experience a plus.
• Bachelors in Manufacturing or Engineering discipline preferred
• ASQC, CQA, CQT or CQE certification preferred
• Work Experience: 8+ years’ experience as a manager highly preferred. Experience in quality and manufacturing systems and techniques including ISO 9001, ISO 13485, SPC, TQM and supplier management desired
• Management Experience: Minimum 5 years people management experience.
Travel Requirement %: As required.