SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is looking for a Branch Loan Consultant. This individual provides excellent service to Members visiting branch/service center locations seeking information on real estate lending products and develops relationships with Members in an effort to increase and retain participation in lending products and services.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules and conducts meetings with Members in assigned branch(es) to assist with their real estate lending needs.
- Discuss disputed consumer loan decisions with manager, including alternate solutions for the Member, Researches and resolves Member disputes in all aspects of Member service goodwill and any applicable Federal or State Regulations.
- Authority to make consumer loan approval decisions based upon individual discretion and judgment within authorized lending limits.
- Availability to work Saturday hours and at any SchoolsFirst FCU facility assigned.
- Maintains a working knowledge and understanding of the Consumer/ Real Estate Lending Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for attending all branch meetings and assisting with other lending transactions as their appointment calendar permits and as directed by the branch manager.
- Incorporates consultative service skills with Members regarding credit union products and services by assessing the Member's needs, addressing their concerns and gaining agreement.
- Participates in business development activities that promote lending programs by attending workshops, promotions and events.
- Assists branch management in the development and implementation of lending/funding goals, as well as team recognition and monitors results for branch.
- Responds to local Member Dispatch requests for contact to the Real Estate department when volumes exceed capacity to assist Members from the back office.
- Provides support to branch MSR’s that have real estate loan related questions or need assistance serving a Member. Provides ongoing training as needed and/or facilitates branch meetings on applicable lending information.
- Advises Members of all related ancillary services and appropriate credit union products.
- Gathers required Member documentation and submits application using point of sale origination system.
- Consults with Members to determine best fit for real estate loan requests. Reviews all available loan options with Members to ensure needs match program selection.
- All teammembers must comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge/Education/Years of Experience
High School Diploma Required
1– 3 previous years of related experience required
Equity loan origination experience in a prime real estate..
Register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry as a mortgage loan originator in accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the "SAFE Act") when applicable.
Complete Benefits Package:
100% company paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
100% matched 401K (dollar for dollar, up to 6%)
Paid holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal leave
100% paid life and disability insurance
Amazing discounts on Sprint and AT&T services
Contingency child care program
Educational assistant program
Employee assistance program
0% interest loans for laser eye surgery, computer, and wardrobe loans
24 hour fitness discounts
VPI pet insurance
Membership for you and your immediate family
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
SchoolsFirst FCU is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our teammembers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the ability to work effectively with a diverse Membership base.