TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has openings for challenging and growth-oriented positions:
Application Support Engineer
TechTarget is seeking an Application Support Engineer who will be part of a team responsible for supporting our network of database-driven websites and internal applications. This is a great opportunity in our Technology Department.
The focus of this position is solving problems; the successful individual will resolve or triage each issue as far as possible. This role will participate in technical support, operational, and maintenance functions as needed for 3rd party and internally developed applications and interfaces. Team work and problem solving skills are key. A successful candidate will be able to handle project-based tasks as well as day-to-day issues escalated from our helpdesk system. This position puts you in contact with all areas of our organization.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintaining and troubleshooting our web sites and web based applications;
· Documenting systems and processes for internal users;
· Supporting internal users of our business applications;
· Serve as a liaison, and help manage interaction, between the Support Team and technical teams within the organization to ensure that technical issues get addressed in a timely manner;
· Work with manager and cross-functional leaders to identify process issues, and develop and improve processes for technical support issues;
· Recommend and advocate for product enhancements based on product expertise;
· Researching and developing an understanding of analytical techniques that can be applied to help the team; and,
· Handling requests from users of our web sites.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Experience with Web protocols (HTML, JS, ....) preferred
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
· Ability to identify actionable items and processes;
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints;
· Ability to communicate the severity of escalated issues
· Must be self motivated;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· SQL experience a plus;
· Experience with a Helpdesk system a plus; and
· Familiarity with content management concepts helpful.