TechTarget is seeking an Application Support Engineer who will be part of a team responsible for supporting our network of database-driven websites and internal applications. This is a great entry level opportunity in our Technology Department.
The focus of this position is solving problems; the successful individual will resolve or triage each issue as necessary. This role will participate in technical support, administration, operational, and maintenance functions as needed for our websites and applications. Teamwork and problem solving skills are highly desired. A successful candidate will be able to handle project-based tasks as well as day-to-day issues escalated from our helpdesk system. This position puts you in contact with all areas of our organization.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintaining and troubleshooting our web sites;
· Documenting systems and processes for internal users;
· Supporting internal users of our business applications;
· Researching and developing an understanding of analytical techniques that can be applied to help the team meet its goals; and,
· Handling requests from users of our web sites.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
· Ability to identify actionable items and processes;
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints;
· Must be self-motivated;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to estimate time to complete work/project;
· SQL experience a plus;
· Experience with a Helpdesk system a plus;
· Familiarity with content management concepts helpful; and,
· Familiarity with Java, JSP, Web protocols (HTML, JS, ....) helpful.